• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

TARAfied's 93 Fox Vert

thanks guys. I really haven't had much time to mess with it. I went to the swap meet knowing they would have tons of Fox body parts. I didn't need a lot of things but I was kinda hoping I could find better wheels. I saw some Cobra R style with 4 lug that would have been nice but they were a whole lot more money! these caught my eye as another guy was looking at them. when he hesitated I said I would take 'em. I'm pretty pleased with how they look. It does make the car look so much better.

Yup, love the Ponies... I had a set of 10-hole wheels on mine for a while but think these look better. Handle better too being taller rims. BTW, if you see the caps anywhere in decent shape, I'd grab them up. New ones are kinda pricey, and they tend to break (plastic) if not handled carefully... :p

I saw multiple sets of wheels with caps for sale at this swap meet. These were the only ones with tires and were cheaper! the others were nicer though but these aren't too bad. I will keep an eye out for the caps.

well I picked up a RH headlight for $5 at the swap meet also. I knew the RH one was bad. I swapped it out today. I discovered the plastic part that holds it in is broken too so I will be looking for one of those. I put it in anyway for now.
! put in the new door pin and bushings. Had to grind the head off the top, hammer it thru a bit and use a cut-off wheel to cut the other end off. Then drive it up and out. Putting in the new one was a little tricky with no help but I got it.
72-061011160221.jpeg

72-061011160347.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0413.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0415.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0416.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
The 93's A4LD trans is toast. My older son had been driving it when it died. My 16 year old and I pulled it out and took it apart. The low/reverse planetary is annihilated.
rybebehu.jpg

I had thought of rebuilding it and that was my plan until recently. My older son moved back up North and left the 79 that he acquired, so I inherited it. It has a roller cam 5.0 and an AOD of unknown vintage. The swap was never finished so I'm not sure what kind of mess I have but my 16 year old really wants to swap the V8 into the 93. My older son put a carb, intake and a few other things on it that I gave him but the wiring is a nightmare and he never got it running. I'm thinking I will try to get it running first and if it checks out okay we will swap it into the 93. Any thoughts?
72-300413100249.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
"RapidRabbit" said:
...Are you going to keep the carb?
initially yes, until I can collect all the EFI stuff. I have been doing some research and I will need the computer, computer harness and the head-light harness (for the ALT). The computer wiring harness is year specific so that the plug ends will match the existing harness under the dash. Also need the fuel lines since they are different. There are other things too but I figure I will get it running with the carb and collect the other parts over time. I think for now I will use the 79 gas tank (non EFI) a Holley electric fuel pump (since the motor has no eccentric) and the carb (which is off an 85 GT). I have the Duraspark II box and an 85 GT distributor. The only part I will need to buy is the Lokar TV cable adapter for the AOD. Not sure any of the gauges will work without the puter but I can get aftermarket ones. I know the Tach will be off. I think I can use the drive shaft that's in the 79 and the shifter in the 93 should work with the AOD. It has a 7.5 rear but with the AOD it should be okay. My 85 GT had a 7.5 that lived a while with a 5 speed and several high RPM launches...
Am I missing anything?

the 79 has no exhaust but I have factory shorty headers. I need to find a double hump crossmember for dual exhaust unless I go with an 85 GT or older set-up. I have read the brake lines are in the way on a 4 cyl car for the tail pipes so I have to extend or modify the rear axle brake line. The 4 cyl car (93) needed a new muffler and tail pipe anyway. The radiator is supposedly okay for a mild or stock 5.0 engine so I think I can get away with keeping that. GT's had bigger front brakes so I will upgrade those too. rear brakes were the same puny 9" drums. 4 cyl cars had smaller sway bar and no rear sway bar so that stuff I can do later as well. Right now my 16 year old doesn't have a job so he will just drive it to school and to see GF who lives close. If he wants some upgrades he can help fund them!
I have a 94 Cobra upper and lower intake and the injectors but I need about everything else for EFI...
It has AC, PS and cruise control so I would like to keep those working too.

That sounds like the way to go to me. The rear on the 93 is a 7.5, but 8.8 fox rears are a dime a dozen. Does this make the 79 body really cheap now :hide

Bill

"Fst Blk" said:
That sounds like the way to go to me. The rear on the 93 is a 7.5, but 8.8 fox rears are a dime a dozen. Does this make the 79 body really cheap now :hide

Bill
yes, it will be cheap!
and I have a Currie 9" that came out of Bob V's Saleen... it's wider than the stock 93 but I think it's close to my wife's 99. Maybe the 9" goes in the 99 and the 8.8 from the 99 can go into the 93? Then I have to get some different wheels and convert the front to 5 lug...

"tarafied1" said:
yes, it will be cheap!
and I have a Currie 9" that came out of Bob V's Saleen... it's wider than the stock 93 but I think it's close to my wife's 99. Maybe the 9" goes in the 99 and the 8.8 from the 99 can go into the 93? Then I have to get some different wheels and convert the front to 5 lug...

I would change over to 5 lug. Wheels choices are easier that way.

Bill

I agree but it isn't high on my priority list. If my son contributes (since it's going to be his car) then we might go that route. I can't detract too much funds from the drag car!
I really just wanted to fix the transmission and with some arm twisting it has evolved. It's funny my 16 year old has been "studying" Mustangs so he could talk me into it. That alone convinced me but I asked him a lot of questions to make him keep looking into it. He is not really the mechanical type so I will end up doing the work or most of it but he will have an appreciation for the work involved. Maybe it will motivate him for the other upgrades too

Back