1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Discussion in 'Politics, Guns, and a can of Whoop Ass!' started by turq66, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

OMG, I just realized something...where does all of the Dynacorn sheet metal come from? China! Expect those prices to skyrocket! American and Canadian repro sheet metal will also rise because they will be able to. This will put a large wet blanket on a lot of classic car restorations.
  2. guruatbol

guruatbol Always on vacation!

I was listening to DSousa's book while driving today. It occurred to me he is beating the Democrats at their own game. He knows he has to keep control of the house and Senate, so he is gaining as of this mornings news support from the unions and longtime stronghold of the Democrats. He has already exempted Mexico and Canada. Others are asking.

So the real issue is the low cost Chinese steel and aluminum being subsidized and dumped on the market.

Stay with me now.

So Trump can't piss off China because of the recent progress with Fatboy Kim, so he places a tariff on everyone and waits for them to plead their case and exempting them one by one and not singling out China.

If this is the case, good move!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  3. Mach1 Driver

Mach1 Driver Active Member

There really are wheels within wheels with Trump's deal making. No one knows what is going on except him. I've read that State does not plan a strategy, its mostly him, and he enjoys it.
  4. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

You guys are scaring me now. Are you actually saying you think Trump...the guy who ROUTINELY shows his utter stupidity, Tweet after Tweet after Tweet...is secretly out thinking pretty much the entire world on global economic strategy? You cannot be serious. You are right, he is pandering to multiple groups (and I would argue he is not even aware he's doing some of it) and following up on broad campaign promises that at surface level resonate with the common guy. But come on! He has not thought this stuff through at all. He just back-pedals when he gets in too deep while others try to control the fires his mouth sets off.
  5. Fst Blk

Fst Blk Well-Known Member

Although I think Trump gets diarrhea of the mouth at times, I do think he’s extremely intelligent. I think he’s thought out what he’s trying to accomplish. You got to remember he is extremely business savvy and the art of the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. guruatbol

guruatbol Always on vacation!

I think you view his tweets differently. I don't like them so don't get me wrong, but he does them the way he does to elicit a certain reaction from those he tweets, to get publicity, to float ideas, or to elicit a reaction from those who hate him. Not to mention that he also uses them to distract.

From that point of view it is brilliant.

As for him out thinking the rest of the world, he does seem to play his game a few moves ahead of everyone else.

He surprises me time and again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  7. Mach1 Driver

Mach1 Driver Active Member

I have to agree with Fst Blk and guruatbol. I didn't vote for him in the primary but had to in the general- there was simply no choice. I don't have to like him to approve of the results. I don't like his tone, language or style. However, the main stream media coverage is 98% negative, often making the tweets a necessary evil (give us strength). He surprises me- he "games" people and is good at it. So far I am not disappointed in the results, and can understand the give and take of politics. Look at the equities markets, they are up 6 or 7 trillion now. None of our other choices in the primary could or would have done what he has done to date. They are politicians and he (for better and worse) is a billionaire business man.
  8. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I see a "Stormy" future up ahead...
    tarafied1 and FordDude like this.