• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Terry's 2017 Hot Rod Power Tour Diary

Terry joined us in the pool today as well, after a long day at the venue. Still has that beer!
61322bc6518df936463e4ef1d3d772df.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

It looks like flat Terry will have to complete the Tour without me. I've just about run out of time and the problems keep mounting. Latest issue is with the hydraulic throwout bearing. Started to pull the trans this evening. Really pisses me off as the engine is running sweet and almost all the other little punch list stuff is wrapped up. Just to keep the string of misfortune going the trans has no interest in separating from the engine so I might just pull 'em together as it will likely be easier that way anyway. Breaking for dinner and will make that call later tonight.

Yeah bummer dude. Was hoping to see you get it running.
Next year it will start in Bowling Green. I'll have mine fixed by then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Craig, what time are you guys thinking you'll get into town tomorrow?

Any specific plans for the day?

Hey Craig, what time are you guys thinking you'll get into town tomorrow?

Any specific plans for the day?
It's really hard to say. We are leaving Newton at 8am. But I can't predict how long it will take. Traffic and the route and gas stops and lunch etc. etc. We typically get it "late" because we actually drive the route. Some cannonball and take short cuts to get to the venue early. I personally like the drive better then the venue so we take our time and stop when we want to. Typically what we do is come in late and set up in a spot to watch every one leave. The vendors start to pack up after 6pm. We got in today around 4 I think.
We go punch our cards and collect any swag then sit and relax and watch cars. Then go to hotel and shower and cool off (no AC). Then go eat and hang out in the hotel parking lot looking at cars. Car show every night at the hotels

Yeah I get that.

I'm planning on heading out around 8 this morning. It's 4 and half hours to get to Davenport from home. With lunch and gas stops I'm, thinking I'll be there around 2 or 3.

I may stop at antique archeology on the way. It's just outside of Davenport. That's the American pickers shop from tv.

I have your number, if it's still the same from a Couple years ago. I'll text you and see if we can meet up.

That's cool. We may have to look that place up. They also have a shop in Nashville. We have been to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup I bought my mustang 13 years ago today!

Oh wait sorry you meant my wedding anniversary. That was 18 years ago today.

It was great to finally meet you guys. Thanks for dinner.

Flat Terry took the bed apart and is changing the legs. He just was satisfied with the ones that are on it.

Back