1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The Country is Finished.

Discussion in 'Politics, Guns, and a can of Whoop Ass!' started by msell66, Jul 12, 2016.

1. msell66

msell66 Burning Fossil Fuels Donator

2. Wj Brown

Wj Brown Member

See, it's not just us Californians who are nuts.

Gastronomically correct, how stupid is that!

3. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

This is the latest phrasing popping up everywhere that just baffles me. WTF is "cultural appropriation"? So if I make myself a taco for lunch I am somehow offending the Mexican people? What is wrong with people?! Why are the youth and libs so adamant that everything a white person does is offensive to someone? Does anyone really believe some Japanese person is miffed that they serve crappy sushi in a college cafeteria? You would think a minority of anything would appreciate when the majority begins to adopt something from their culture providing the opportunity to find it more prevalent for their own use or better yet to profit off its popularity. Crazy times.

4. msell66

Parents have raised a couple generations of whiny ass pussies. I blame you all!

RapidRabbit likes this.
  5. Gigantopithecus

Gigantopithecus Well-Known Member

I stopped as soon as I saw the name Lena Dunham. Listening to her will give you brain AIDS.

6. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

College kids NEVER did stupid shit back in our day... NEVER!

When are guys going to learn to stop watching/reading/swallowing foxnews? It's like the devil's DNA. Who gives a rats ass?

7. msell66

Apparently, you do.

Do you want me to go find some ultra left maggot eating douchebag news site so you can believe it? No thanks, you can visit that shithole if you like.

Not faux news. http://pagesix.com/2016/07/12/lena-...hall-sushi-amounts-to-cultural-appropriation/

8. Gigantopithecus

Gigantopithecus Well-Known Member

Yea, I did stupid shit in college. Smoked dope, drank like a fish, street raced, damn near killed myself. But never did I whine and bitch about the fucking cafeteria food being culturally insensitive.
    Fuck generation butthurt.

msell66 likes this.
  9. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

Not a shit given here. Where did you first see/hear this, Mark? Was there accompanying commentary that led to this thread and it's title?

10. msell66

A link off a facecrook post.

Sent from my iPhone using Smackatalk

11. crustycurmudgeon

crustycurmudgeon Well-Known Member

12. msell66

Gee, I wonder why.

13. msell66

That link BETTER NOT have any right leaning tilt to it or Gary will denounce it as a hate site and fake.

14. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

Ok. So can you explain how respecting other cultures is causing an end to civilization? Isn't that the very definition of civilization?

15. crustycurmudgeon

crustycurmudgeon Well-Known Member

If the races were reversed it would have gone somewhere.

16. Mach1Mark

Mach1Mark Ramrod extraordinaire Donator

Contrary to the opinion of some . . . all cultures are not equal.

17. Horseplay

Gary do you live in some alternate universe or something? How can we all read the exact same thing and each and every time you see it in almost the exact opposite light?
    Mark 's linked story is about a bunch of idiots who think it offensive to Japanese culture that a school serves sushi in it's cafeteria. Just where in the hell would that make any sense at all except in some fucked up mind? To agree with that line of thinking you would have to feel that any restaurant in America that was not owned by a native Mexican that had a taco or such on the menu would also be shitting on another culture. Same as any Japanese restaurant that had a hamburger or chicken fingers on their menu (undoubtedly to cater to their young guests) would be equally as insensitive.
    What i found really humorous is the repulsive hog Lena Durham who is the D-List celebrity spotlight of the first story can be found in another of the links provided sporting corn rows on her ugly head. I guess its OK to "steal" from the whatever is the politically correct name for black "culture" these days according to her but steer clear of seafood. Pathetic hypocrite is how I would describe her but in reality she is just another brain dead fool raised in the modern age of Twitter and such that have all new ways to instantly expose their ignorance.

And to answer your question, no. Respecting other cultures is not the definition of civilization.

msell66 likes this.
  18. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

I'm not agreeing to any line of thinking. I'm just asking/trying to figure out why you guys, or anybody, get so worked up about it. Just a personal vendetta against Lena Dunham? (whoever the hell she is.)

19. Horseplay

I'm telling you, Gary, I try like hell to see things from your view point but I just can't get there from here. I get you like to play the counter to any argument. What I don't understand is how you seem to genuinely not understand some of the most simple of premises...such as what we are discussing here. We are discussing the latest liberal talking point, "cultural appropriation". If you don't know what it is about take a moment and research it. If you don't find the crap being spewed today (such as the impetus of this thread) ridiculous I, for one, and as usual, give up trying to discuss it with you.
    Why do we get so worked up about it? Because it gains traction with what we call the media these days and the next thing you know it it treated as a legitimate thing and more harm is done to our society and way of life. The next thing you know we'll have laws that allow men to put on dresses and hang out in ladies dressing rooms all under the protection of the law. Oh wait...

msell66 likes this.