• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The Heartland Vintage Races were today and.......

A

Anonymous

It was AWESOME!!

I drove the 66 to the track and Skip and Dan came from Kansas City in Skippy's Prius. Got to the track just as the big bore cars were taking the green for their first race.

There were only 5 big bore cars that showed up to this very first vintage event, but it was great nonetheless!!

Tony had his 65 and there was Jeff in his 65-66 Coupe. A Pontiac T/A, a Camaro and the super cool Lola T70 with Ford power previously driven by Dan Gurney :10

There were lots of open wheel, MG's, Mini's and Porsche's racing which helped fill the rest of the day.

Tony was a great host and let us hang out out his trailer (compound) and eat his grub. His 65 is a nice ride and it has a screaming engine under the hood.

Here's a few pics.

Tony's sweet 65

Tonys65Large.jpg

Lola T70

LolaT70Large.jpg

GurneyEagleLarge.jpg

MarkandTonyLarge.jpg

and finally, this was for sale so we left Jeremy's number on the windshield stating he was interested!!

JeremystrackcarLarge.jpg

Video to follow

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, no pics of Bimbo's today. Might I direct you to the VGOFL!

"silverblueBP" said:
Sorry, no pics of Bimbo's today. Might I direct you to the VGOFL!

Not THAT kind of Bimbo, I mean the track chick's. Can't have a race day without track chick's.

I bet they'll be some at SAAC-35 next weekend, must be a California thing.

A corner worker friend sent me this pic of a Triumph as the motor let go. The connecting rod is bouncing behind the car!

Just got this one of Tony's 65!

Tonys65.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back