• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The heat finally broke, so it was a good day to work on the 66!

A

Anonymous

With much more comfortable temps today (mid 70's instead of mid 100's), I decided to do my track prep of the 66. It was actually enjoyable today to work on the car doing a thorough nut & bolt check. I really like these new shaft rockers, they were set perfect just as they had been from the get-go, no adjustment needed.

Checkingvalves.jpg

Bled the brakes, put the new Hankook R-S3's on and gave the locker a quick check!

Lockercheck.jpg

Loaded it back into the trailer and it's ready for the track day on Sept 14th. Weather looks good so far, but it could all change (as history proves). Been awhile since I spent 8 hrs working on the car....damn I'm tired.

Last edited by a moderator:
it was crazy hot here yesterday, today it's in the 80's and finally started raining. It's too late as everything is dead but we'll take it. I did get some work done on the cars too. Glad see you lay down some rubber!!!

"silverblueBP" said:
Loaded it back into the trailer and it's ready for the track day on Sept 14th. Weather looks good so far, but it could all change (as history proves).

So, you're saying I should plant grass seed on the 13th, since it will rain on the 14th??? :nut

LMK how you like the R-S3's - been considering them for the Saleen. Glad the shaft rockers are doing the trick for you! :thu

Took a few hours to get the PJ ready also. Good thing I did.

Did a closer inspection of my rear brake pads and found that my right rear outside pad was at an eigth of an inch. The left sides were in better shape and could have gone another track day or two.

I had been running around the track with my traction control on until the last two events (moved up to the advance group so time to take off the training wheels). I was told that I was going to wear out my rear pads leaving my traction control on so I have now been turning it off. I guess they were right.

We have a lot harder left turns so apparently the right rear brake was getting more use.

Went with a set of ceramics on the rear. Got 20% off at Advance Auto because of a Labor Day sale. Had to go there anyway to pick up the tool you need to spin the rear caliper pistons back in. What a pain in the @ss. I had not done this before so now I know what to expect.

Went out in the local abandoned neighborhood to bed them in. Left a lot of rubber on the road (from doing stops, not starts). Car just abouts pops your eyes out of their sockets when you apply the brakes doing 40 mph.

See you at the track.

Skip

"blue65coupe" said:
Whoever wrote on your carb is dyslexic. Need it rebuilt?

Uhhh, NO. But when it does, I know who to call!

Back