1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The hypocrisy of the left...again.

Discussion in 'Politics, Guns, and a can of Whoop Ass!' started by msell66, Nov 2, 2017.

1. msell66

msell66 Burning Fossil Fuels Donator

So we hear all the time from the left and the LSM about the gender pay gap.

Here’s just another study that shows they do exactly what they accuse everyone else of doing.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/n...eferrer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=quiboat

Sad thing is that my better half turned her department around from a huge deficit to a medium surplus (in less than 3 yrs) and not only didn’t get a piece of the “action”, she didn’t even get a Good Job/Thanks.

2. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

That's just bad "business". Above and beyond needs to be recognized and rewarded. I've learned to spell out expectations in detail in my annual bonus comp plans for both myself and others. We do the same for positional job descriptions. Makes it very easy to identify and reward worthy efforts.

3. Mach1Mark

Mach1Mark Ramrod extraordinaire Donator

My first thought after reading the article was there are twice as many 'deans', 'VPs' etc as probably needed. My close second thought was they are WAY overpaid !!! All of them.

4. Horseplay

Whenever a thorough study has been published it demolishes the silly position that women get screwed over by a pay gap. Most of the headline grabbing "studies" are just comparing one base salary to another which hardly covers the scope and basis of compensation. The single largest factor that can (and should) define pay scale is time in the field or in position. If a man has been a corporate exec for a decade it stands to reason he would be paid more than a newly appointed person be they female or male. This simple reason explains much of the so called disparity. Would anyone argue that a rookie plumber should be paid the same as one in the trade for two decades? It's all just political BS

Mach1Mark likes this.
  5. msell66

Agree on both parts!

6. msell66

Except in academia, they all (well most) have the same experience. They went from high school to college to job at college. Never having a real job where there are expectations and consequences.

It’s a different animal that I will never fully understand.

7. Horseplay

Even then you still have years on the job variant from one to another. I understand your point about real work experience, etc. but that really is an argument about professors more than administration. Those that run the place have at least expectations (budgets and boards to answer to) if not consequences of failure.

8. msell66

That is where you are wrong. No one, ever gets canned. No matter how much of a fuckup they are. It’s a whole different animal.

9. Horseplay

Me thinks I need to change field. It's the college life for me!

msell66 likes this.
  10. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

Two kinds of teachers. Those who work and teach and those who just teach. My Master's degree advisor worked at Hughes Aircraft Company on the U-2 (ASARS) program. He was brilliant and humbled all of us, but did it with kindness

tarafied1 likes this.
  11. scedd

scedd Well-Known Member

Those that can, do.
    Those that cant, teach.

12. rbohm

rbohm Active Member

those that cant teach, administrate.

c6fastback and scedd like this.
  13. Horseplay

Ooooohhhhhhhhhh Deb's gonna be pissed!

14. msell66

She won’t care. The state just dumps piles of cash in her lap to administrate.

Golden handcuffs

15. Horseplay

I meant about her job not her state foster care benefits she receives for providing care to the mentally challenged. i.e. you!

msell66 likes this.
  16. rbohm

rbohm Active Member

if you see a fat guy trying to duck and run, its probably me:D:D

msell66 likes this.
  17. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

When will Deb be able to escape?

18. msell66

She thought...last year, but I thwarted that attempt :D