• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The man with 5,500 Mustangs

Yep I have both. Sans boxes though. My brother got the 66 for Christmas in 65 and I got the 67 in 66. I played with them, battery powered only and later gave them to my nephew. One year while I was visiting his house and knowing they were moving I TOOK them back. He understood. He's a Mustang guy now too.

And Bruno. I remembered them as Cox because originally they were a battery powered toy, 41cm/16inches long, purchase directly from the FORD dealer. In the paperwork that came with them was an option to order a COX engine (small gas powered engine made for powered model aircraft). The conversion would be made and then you were to set the steering and anchor the car via a string to a center spike/hub/you and watch the car race around under its own power. Well a Cox engine would be a little TOO much for the plastic/rubber tires on these things. They were really hard. I'm sure many who tried this option ended up with a totaled car.

We did how-ever play with the knock-off center hubs to change wheel/tires. That wasn't too easy either and the spinners are quite worn down from us using pliers.

My mistake...it wasn't a Cox engine. It was a WEN MAC, as noted on the box. But now I'm confused....were COX and WEN MAC the same company?

My mistake...it wasn't a Cox engine. It was a WEN MAC, as noted on the box. But now I'm confused....were COX and WEN MAC the same company?
I don't know but I had a Cox P51 Mustang "control line" so it would only go in circles (and I would get dizzy!). I also had a Cox VW bug, it also had the front wheels set to go in a circle. I remember them well.

We had the Spitfire. Too scared to crash it. Only started it in the house a couple times.:(

Back