• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The Nanny State strikes again

Oh I know why it was done, but I still think it's stupid. Having to show my id to buy it really isn't a problem, but the state requiring a script is a pain in the ass. I just drive to TN and buy it instead, which is also a pain in the ass.

This is another example of us losing our way, just like quotas for people in college and other things.

Note to self: Need to start building to go to Mars now.

I had a plastic gas jug recently for my lawn mower. It was the new style. I CAN read directions and had no problem using it.

I betcha the company who makes the fuel jug probably been sued for stupid people using it incorrectly.

Actually the largest company in the US that used to make those old plain and sensible plastic containers got sued completely out of business by the lawyers for people who did stupid stuff involving gas cans and (gasp) injured themselves. The company was Blitz USA. Google and you will be inundated with info from both sides of that story.
Besides newly required safety regulations the offshore folks (mostly) now supplying us with fuel containers are well aware of that legal debacle and are pretty serious about covering THEIR butts. All of which adds up to our modern and ridiculous gas jugs. I found a vintage style plastic 5 gallon jug with intact spout for three dollars at a yard sale and was about giddy. Wife thought I lost my mind.

Don't be surprised if we get some new restrictions that will really piss most of us off. You know what the new ingredient is for making meth that is unregulated? Wait for it..........sit down...................TANNERITE. No shit

Don't be surprised if we get some new restrictions that will really piss most of us off. You know what the new ingredient is for making meth that is unregulated? Wait for it..........sit down...................TANNERITE. No shit
No wonder it turns their brains to Shit....Tannernite meet Canalope.

You mean all these years I could have been getting high instead of blowing shit up??

Sent from my iPhone using Smackatalk

Back