• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The Official Stangfix Playing Cards thread

Which type of card would you like?

• Corvette style

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Route 66 Mustang card

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
Well now that we have established the pretty big interest in the playing cards here is the official thread.

I will be posting two lists.

1- for those who want their cars on the cards
2- for those who want to buy cards

So if you want your car on the cards then you need to PM me. I have started a spreadsheet that isn't going to work right now as it has the information in the wrong places, so give me a little bit of time to get another one done.

If you want to buy decks other than the now official two (2) free decks for each number purchased or you want to purchase decks without your car being pictured on the faces PM me with your username.

Pricing will be determined once we have an idea of how many people are buying decks and how much we raise in number purchases.

I know it is hard to commit when you don't know how much, so I am shooting for a number purchase of $25 or less. I am shooting for a deck price of $5.

Now when a price is determined part of it will be for the forum. I am planning $5 per number to the forum and $2 per deck to the forum.

I am not only donating my time to the forum for this, but paying my way as well. (I only mention this as it has come up in a PM that I was out to make money on the forum.)

Thank you for all your input and I am excited to see the final product even if it take a while to get done.

Mel

Here is the list so far 1/17/11 16:06

70 fastback trike
bobblehead
Sluggo
guruatbol
janschutz
blue65coupe
blue65coupe
timbeam
guruatbol
crustycurmudgeon
Del65
Bite Me
Bite Me
Cmayna
Cmayna
tarafied
Johnpro
guruatbol
kbmwrs
70 fastback
70stangman
Jack1966
abrahamfh
Sacbill
lstcup
lstcup
David67
silverbluebp
sigtauenus
Dave Sandborn
Fast68back
indycanard
jbauer4363
lethal289
opentracker
Grabber70mach
Azpete
ko67
mert
Beachpony
68efivert
sgtjunior
LaurieS
gtscode
Rappid Rabbitt
Stangg
ko67
DougG69
Pnandy
Sac69
Scedd
JeffTepper
Outlawboss
daves69coupe

Total 54
Need 54
Total left 0

If you have signed up and don't see your name, please PM me. You may be in the total number but I may have missed you on the list. If you are on two cards, I have listed your name twice, so if you don't see your name twice and want to be on two cards, please PM me.

Thanks,

Mel

Sorry for the delay guys, Qwest had my internet connection down since Saturday afternoon. They suck. anyway, I think we have a full deck. I have myself down for two, one for each car, but if there is someone I forgot I will give one up. So if you want to be part of this deck and you do not see your name please PM me and I will give up one of mine. Thanks for your patients. Mel 1/17/2011 16:06

OK, Shag Red and I sat around the fire....bong....er fire....er whatever last night and agreed to participate. I know of this cool Boss 302 that might be joining us as well. Stay tuned.

The board will put up the coin for the jokers.

You guys (Mark and Jeremy) take care of your car pics.

"KBMWRS" said:
Mel do we need to send you pics?
When?

I'll post that later. Right now I am working on the signups and and then when that is done we can take the next logical step.

Thanks,

Mel

Yea, we have 31 numbers now.

One thing I haven't yet fixed the spreadsheet, no time right now, there are some things going on here keeping me from it.

So, if you see your name twice it is because you asked for two cards.
You can request as many numbers as you wish so if you have multiple cars you can have multiple cards.
So, don't panic if you see your name twice.

Thanks,

Mel

Alright now, I finally got in touch with Angelo. Well, kinda. He left a message on my phone. He used a printer local to him. He did all the graphics himself and then just gave the file to the printer. The printer printed them and we had cards.

This is the reason he took six months.

I will be talking with him tonight and ask some more questions.

Oh, he was lollygagging in Hawaii.....

Mel

Can I remind all SF'ers that might think their projects aren't 'good enough' to participate to please reconsider.

Cars under construction are invaluable to the spirit of this forum. They would be a great representation and reminder of the efforts we put into our restorations. Don't be shy.

"DEL65" said:
Can I remind all SF'ers that might think their projects aren't 'good enough' to participate to please reconsider.

Cars under construction are invaluable to the spirit of this forum. They would be a great representation and reminder of the efforts we put into our restorations. Don't be shy.

Agreed. If it weren't for cars being worked on there would be no need for a forum about restoring/fixing cars.

I concur.

Also, Mel, would you mind adding numbers in front of the names to make it easier to see how many we have? As of this post we're at 36, but we have enough now that I have to use fingers and toes and try not to lose track on the screen if I counted somebody already.

Back