• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The rear glass fastback 1968

atevres

I do polish glass rear fastback 1968. I wanted to put even a slight darkening film, and I have chito if the glass (original Fo.Mo.Co.) ono tempered?
I do not think ... I see you have double glass plate, but I do not think they are temperate, did you?
Those are tempered repro?

Thanks to all

I believe all auto glass sold in the US is tempered. The original Fomoco glass is definitely tempered.

By the way, the repro rear 67/68 fastback glass does not have the etched line that runs down the center like on the original glass.
I would suspect you could etch the line if needed with a glass etch kit, but I have not heard anyone trying that yet.

My 68's original rear glass was very severely scratched and chipped. So I found another original glass locally but had to spend a lot of time polishing it's little scratches out.

all glass except the front windshield is tempered. windshields are laminated safety glass. same goes for the reproduction glass. its a safety standard that all manufacturers, oem & aftermarket, have to meet. the rule of thumb on buffing glass is if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, its too deep to buff out. it may come out, but will distort your vision looking thru it.

We have the rear glass in both tempered and laminated. I prefer to use the tempered because it's stronger. Polishing glass is a waste of time.

Back