• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Thoroughbred GT

Tug

Hello,
I will start my 65 mustang fastback restoration next year. The car is from up north and a complete rust bucket. I am considering using the Thoroughbred Gt skeleton as a starting point.
Anyone use one of these before?
Much of the original car would be used engine, trans, rear end, door, ect.

It's a Kcode.

Thoughts about this approach?

Tug

How do they address the VIN issue since they offer a skeleton with new front inner aprons?

"Tug" said:
"cmayna" said:
Where are you located?

Any pics of the car?
Texas, I'll try to get some picks later. Currently traveling.

"AzPete" said:
How do they address the VIN issue since they offer a skeleton with new front inner aprons?

Not really sure how to do that. They have what they call the clipster which doesn't include the front end, but my car has to have it redone. I have to check on how I can keep my vin. Also need to find out how much of the car has to be used to stay legal.
I was dissapointed to hear the parts are made in China. When I first looked at it, it said USA3. Designed, Engineered and Assembled in USA. That's a shame not made here.
Tug

Where in Texas? I know a metal shop in North Texas that can repair your original unibody. They do amazing work. PM me if you want their contact info.

Back