• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tilt?

tarafied1

After reading about Sportbikechic's FR tilt I was wondering what everyone else has. FR, Ididit, stock/factory, on no tilt. Right now I have the stock steering wheel (no tilt) and I have no PS so I need the leverage from the large wheel but I will eventually go with R&P and PS so I could just go with a smaller steering wheel and maybe get by without tilt. I could also lower the seat pans too. It's a minor pain getting in and out cuz my legs hit the wheel. I'm 6 foot, 200 lbs. so not huge but not small either. Thanks for your opinions.

I have a FR column. I did have to do some modifications to it because I shortened it. My wiring got shorted out on the steering column clamp so I had to fit that issue. I also noticed that there is a joint in the shaft of the column right where the wiring exited the column. When I would turn the wheel it would rub on the wire covering and was starting to eat through the plastic. I compensated for both problems by elongating the hole the wiring comes out of and moving it down about 1". Other than that is is a decent column.

I have a stock column with LeCarra wheel and unisteer power rack. I kinda wish I had gone with a tilt or had the pans lowered when it was in paint jail. I wish I had test fit seats before putting all the sound deadner in as well.... I have room, but its a bit tight getting in and out of the car. Once in the seat I fit oK. I'm 6' (minus 2") and right around 200 as well.

Back