• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tire and wheel choices.

Drumr90

I want to keep my car classic cool. That being said id love to have magnum 500 wheels but would that tall of a side wall hurt my spirited drives. My car will see tiny bit of track time. That all being said should i look into a diffrent wheel and tire.
Ive decided on the 2 choices below.

15 inch magnum
ja9uhysy.jpg

Or
16 inch torque thrust
u8e5u7yz.jpg

I would go 16 inch your rim choice.
Looks still classic but will improve handling a bit more.MO

I agree with 16" torq thrusts. You will find way more tires being available as compared to 15".

Ok so 16 it is. Now onto tire choice. Ive been runnin perrillies on my focus and love them. What dose everyone think a good tire would be.

I agree with everyone else on the TT in 16's. I have also had Pirelli's in the past on my DD and loved them. I used to run P Zero Nero M+S. They stopped making them in my size though.

I personally think 17 or 18 is the best choice for tire options or if you ever do larger brakes. Very few car manufactures use 15 or 16's for performance related cars. I have a feeling that it will be very hard to find good performance tires in 16's in a few years and damn near impossible for 15's. I know not everyone like larger diameter wheels and you loose a bit of that "classic" styling.

Darreld
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car dont need to be racecar tire handeling. I use to have a plast with just 14's so 16's would be big improvement. For brake upgrades im gunna go with a stock like disc brake. Then down road if want to go bigger i will.

Back