• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Today's smoke

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
10# ham & bacon wrapped chicken breasts. Currently in the smoker with more pics to follow:
eranyzej.jpg

yhypa7ez.jpg

asa9usa7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"copasspupil" said:
Craig what powers your smoker? Is the ham fresh?

High gas power....just like me :thu No the ham was already cooked and spiral cut. All I did was to add a bunch of smoke and flavoring to it. Figured that since I was smoking some bacon wrapped chicken, I had extra room in the smoker.

Ham - After removing the ham from it's wrapper, I rinsed it off and then applied some basic yellow mustard followed by a wonderful rub. Rubbed both items real well around and into the ham. Set it aside.

Chicken - Brined the chicken breasts in a mixture of cold water, kosher salt and brown sugar for a couple hours. After rinsing them off I coated each piece with the same rub and then wrapped each piece with bacon, tooth picked with sliced Jalapeno and bell peppers.

After I got my gasser up to 230+ temp and smokin' with Hickory chips, it was loaded with both the chicken and ham. I placed the ham above the chicken since the chicken was raw as it went into the smoker. Water placed in water pan. I hooked my Maverick digital thermometer to both the chamber and the chicken. Smoked for a couple hours until the chicken's IT got around 150, then coated both the ham and chicken with a homemade BBQ sauce which was diluted with honey and peach nectar. (killer sauce!!). Back into the smoker for another hour until the IT got it up to 165.

The end..............belch!

Back