• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tomorrow is 9-11

Ermalyn was just 3 weeks old when that happend. Shari and I were thinking "what kind of world will she grow up in"?

We will never forget .... Thank you to all of our Troops

Heartfelt sorrow for those lost that day and grateful for all those in the military that have kept the bastards...over there.

the police and firefighters too! and those brave civilians on flight 93. I was on a United flight that day myself. It was a weird day. Say what you want about Bush, the terrorists knew we meant bussiness! :guns :pf :mod

american-flag.jpg

ya cant beleive it was that long ago also they just recently opened up the statue of liberty for tourists again

Deb was at home that day and I was in the command post at moron central (our shop). She calls (which she never did) and says that the 1st tower was hit. My initial response was....you called me for that?

She then called back after the 2nd tower was hit, that changed everything. I had everyone tune to the local am station so that the various radios where sync'd throughout the shop. We all paused for a few minutes and then went back to work all the while keeping tuned to the news. Not much got accomplished that day and that was OK. I remember the long lines at all the gas stations on the way home and the empty sky above.

Very sad day indeed.

The whole event changed my life. I was finishing up at Penn State (university park). I wake up for class, get ready to go, and turn the TV on and cant really believe that a tower was hit. I walk out into the living room and sit down with two of my roommates, and just then the second tower is hit. In aww we watch, then i leave for class. As i arrive its on in the classrooms, and we watch the towers fall. People balling everywhere. I had friends, family members of people i knew, and a teacher die that day. I graduated with a bachelors in Finance, and a minor in economics. That whole event caused a drastic drop in finance jobs. Who knows, if it happened a year or two later i may have been there. I had the intentions, thats for sure.

pledge_flag1.gif

I was meeting guys that were delivering a new tv to the house. They got the tv in the house, we hooked it up, and they needed to "go through it" to make sure everything was functioning. I hit the power button and the tv came on to channel 3. It's the CBS feed here and the first thing on the tv was one of the towers burning. I made the comment, "what kind of movie is cbs showing during morning talk show...." and right then the second tower was hit. I looked at the guys, they looked at me, and we all took a seat. I think we sat there for 30 minutes not saying a word. I remember calling some friends and family and the few appointments I had later that day were "empty". Everyone around here was kinda on edge considering we're not far from Charlotte which has not only an airport, but is one of the biggest banking centers in the country. A very sad day. Tuesday night there was a show on the History Channel called "The Zero Hour". It was 2 hours long and as much as I wanted to, I couldn't leave my seat. Still tough to watch.

Sad, sad day. Peal Harbor for the next generation. It did not take long for the bleeding heart liberals to forget, though.

I was scheduled to fly from Houston to LA that day. I would have been in the air an hour by the time it happened.

I decided a few days before to go out a day early and visit my wife's uncle in Oxnard and my Brother in Palmdale.
I went to see my bro on the 10th after landing and getting a rent car. I stayed in Redondo Beach that night and got
up early to head up to Oxnard. Got to Oxnard a little too early to visit so I went to breakfast and chilled for a while.
Hit the wife's uncle's shop a block from the beach in Oxnard about 6:30 am local time. (a stones throw from Dynacorn)
My wife called about 7:15-7:20 saying a Cessna hit the tower. I turned on the tube and instantly said to myself "That
ain't no fu@%ing Cessna" I could not look away, wasn't long afterward the second plane hit.

I can't even describe how I felt. I stayed glued to the tube until the first tower fell. I got in the rental and headed back to
Redondo. I was virtually alone on the roads. I think i may have passed two cars on the 101. By the time I got to LA the 405
was absolutely deserted.

I finally got in contact with the people I was there to meet with, to see if the others that were inbound from all over the country
were ok. They really had no info at that point. Planes were grounded by then and communications were very difficult at best.
Everyone wound up being ok, but stranded all over the place.

I finally got back to the hotel and just sat there glued to the tube.

My brother came by about 8 pm and we really did not even talk much.

I wound up leaving Redondo early on the 13th bound for Houston in the rent car. The whole 28 hour ride home was the most eerie,
thought provoking day of my life. I'm ok with being alone, but I've never felt that kind of alone before or since.

Arriving home completely exhausted from the nearly nonstop trip, I started watching the news. I think I finally fell asleep about
6 hours later, TV still going.

There is no worse feeling than being 2000 miles from your wife and family when it seems the world is about to end.

Tomorrow nite, I will make a push for us at MITM to take a moment to reflect on this special day.

It was two days after my ex and I decided to separate. I was going in late that day so I got up and turned on good morning america. They were talking about the first tower getting hit, and as they were the second pane just flew right into the tower. Holy crap I thought. Driving into work I could only see one plane in the sky around DFW airport. I was watching its approach and where I would be on hwy 121 when it passed over. It put me directly under it. I slowed and watched as the plane touched down on the runway. Eeerie feelings. Watched it on and off all day. Had a boss stuck in Atlanta and a buddy get stuck in Alaska, his daughter lived in NY and worked part time for a catering company, she was supposed to work in the south tower that day, but had called in sick......

I'll always remember the silence in the skies above Tucson for the next few days. It was deafening.

I graduated high school with a guy named Jason. He worked for Cantor Fitzgerald trading bonds and was one of the 600 of their employees killed in the Trade Center attacks.

He was only 28 years old and pretty much had his whole life ahead of him. Pisses me off to think about it to tell you the truth.

That was my wife's first day at her new job and she was in a training center. They didn't even know what happened till after 5pm.

Sad day. Really makes you think about the freedom we have and all those that sacrifice to keep it that way.
Too many people take it for granted now a days.

Back