• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Too good to be tucked away in the political forum

heh, thought this was good.

I was telling a buddy of mine about this story, and he just chuckled that he wished they'd asked him to do it. I said "Yeah, but what a pointless fucking thing to do."

His comment:
"dude, it's the United Nations... that's probably the most useful thing they've done since being founded"

That pretty much ended that conversation.

"AtlantaSteve" said:
heh, thought this was good.

I was telling a buddy of mine about this story, and he just chuckled that he wished they'd asked him to do it. I said "Yeah, but what a pointless fucking thing to do."

His comment:
"dude, it's the United Nations... that's probably the most useful thing they've done since being founded"

Not true. Dictators and tyrants find them quite useful.

:bird

Owlclose.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
AAAAAND damn...

Looks like it was a hoax:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2010/sep/27/un-alien-ambassador-mazlan-othman

Finally an email from Othman herself would have prompted our Martian to trudge back to his spaceship. "It sounds really cool but I have to deny it," she said of the story. She will be attending a conference next week, but she'll be talking about how the world deals with "near-Earth objects".

A LITTLE less cuckoo than alien ambassadors.

"AtlantaSteve" said:
He just knows about my other theory regarding aliens...
that if there are any then they are giant snake like bodies with owl heads.

And they're LIBERALS! With no grammar skillz.

I've heard they will also want to run around your backyard with a parachute strapped to them :nick

"AtlantaSteve" said:
AAAAAND damn...

Looks like it was a hoax:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2010/sep/27/un-alien-ambassador-mazlan-othman

Finally an email from Othman herself would have prompted our Martian to trudge back to his spaceship. "It sounds really cool but I have to deny it," she said of the story. She will be attending a conference next week, but she'll be talking about how the world deals with "near-Earth objects".

A LITTLE less cuckoo than alien ambassadors.

I read yesterday that the U.N. was denying it and now she is.....maybe it WAS true, but the public's reaction nixed it.

I can fantasize can't I?

"silverblueBP" said:
I read yesterday that the U.N. was denying it and now she is.....maybe it WAS true, but the public's reaction nixed it.

I can fantasize can't I?

To tell you the truth, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

It reminds me of news media interviewing the first idiot when a tornado hits Oklahoma... Its always some guy with no teeth and the intelligence of a 4 year old.

If the media were to wait for a "more typical Oklahoman" to interview, wouldn't it be "yesterday's news"?

Back