• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Too much coin....

As long as the 5pts are not worn or sun weathered they should be ok for track days, but check them over thoroughly for any wear. I replace mine every 3-4 years regardless of wear.

If you can vent the front brakes, do so, it will be the difference of running all the sessions or running partials and coming in early cause they fade to nothing!

Flush out all the old brake fluid and use new high temp fluid. I use Motul RBF 600, Dot 4 and have never boiled the fluid or had any fade.

Don't be a panzi

Jump in with both feet! Attend a three day drivers school and get your HSR/SVRA competition license like I did.
In 20 years you'll say; Damn, wish I had done that!

[mod]Slight change to the wording, we try to keep it clean out here in the open. We have pw protected forums for the good stuff![/mod]

"Opentracker" said:
Three things you can't run at the track and be safe.

#1 - Street tires. They are made to run cold. On the track they get hot and ball up causing big problems. Wadding up the car is one.
Respectfully disagree, in fact I believe it's important to learn on street tires. Sticky race tires cover and promote bad track driving habits.

"Garage Potato" said:
Don't be a panzi

Jump in with both feet! Attend a three day drivers school and get your HSR/SVRA competition license like I did.
In 20 years you'll say; Damn, wish I had done that!

Slight change to the wording, we try to keep it clean out here in the open. We have pw protected forums for the good stuff!
My apologies;
I'm glad this forum has such high standards.

Back