1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tool Box Liners

Discussion in 'Non Mustang General Discussion' started by janschutz, Jan 12, 2018.

1. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

My son Steven gave me new liners for Christmas. They com in sheets that you have to cut to size and the cut out the tool sizes. Got the first drawer done last night.

TB1.jpeg TB2.jpeg TB3.jpeg

Boom and RapidRabbit like this.
  2. Boom

Boom Active Member

That looks great, I've wanted to do that to my box my a long while now.

3. RapidRabbit

RapidRabbit Well-Known Member

Very nice!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

4. KBMWRS

KBMWRS What did the moron say today?

Nurse, scalpel....wrench.....screw.driver:rolleyes:

5. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

great! I need to get a new tool box as my present ones are overflowing with goodies.
    I am looking at these monsters: www.storloc.com
    particularly the MM40

6. B67FSTB

B67FSTB The NorCal dude from Belgium

Very nice but wonder why they make it still moveble ????
    You can't move this thing when it is loaded with tools and suchs.:confused:

7. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

Very tidy way to organize but it does really limit the volume of tools you can fit in a drawer. I like the idea for a small tool box you might carry in a truck or roll around a lot.

8. kb3

kb3 Well-Known Member

I really like the look of those drawer inserts for organizing the tools, but like Terry said, it limits what you can put in one drawer. I would need 5x the tool boxes I now have to fit it all in if I organized it that way.

9. Boom

Boom Active Member

Those are super nice looking cabinets, super expensive. That MM40 looks amazing, however at $9k and 14' long its hard to swallow.

10. 3175375

They are movable. Might need a Guido to do it but the casters are sound and heavy duty.

11. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

Just another thought on box drawer liners/organizers. What I found with my new box that was even better than I had expected was the benefit of true soft-close drawers. I simply CAN'T slam a drawer closed. They slowly brake and nestle shut. What this means is my screwdrivers can just lay on the drawer mat and don't roll around anymore. So I can use a good low-slip material that is easily cleaned and that's all it takes to keep the most troublesome drawer nice and tidy.

12. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

Wish I could afford to get all new tool boxes with true soft-close drawers. The liners only cost about $10 a tool box.

13. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

Got another drawer done
    ToolBox1.jpeg

14. c6fastback

c6fastback Member

There is a place near me that makes and sells magnetic tool mats .
    They are nice but , the price not so much for several mats

15. 3175375

16. KBMWRS

Back In Dec someone here mentioned that Sears had a sale on their rolling tool chest with a tool box on top. I bought it for my Christmas present. So much better to have my tools organized rather than some in a tool bag and others all over the place. For liners I just bought red waffle rubber shelving mat. I have way too manly of different sizes of each to have a camera style case sectioned off insert. But it does look way cool.

Now all I need is to KNOW how to use those dang tools.:confused:

17. kb3

kb3 Well-Known Member

Come on over any time Mike! I’m always looking for a new shop monkey, err unpaid intern!!

18. KBMWRS

eeee..ooooo...eeeee..eee.ooo

19. 3175375

here ya go:

20. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

Pliers' drawer done
    ToolBox.jpeg