• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Touring Club track day at Heartland Park, June 1, 2011

A

Anonymous

Made it to the track yesterday and managed to get a few runs in before Rick's rain dance kicked in. Skip was in his 07 PJ Mustang and Sean from St.Louis was there in his red 65 2+2 and ran till he developed a rear tranny seal leak. There were very few drivers so they combined the advanced and int. groups. I was having a water temp problem and was only able to run about 4 laps till it starting getting too hot. I'd just bring it in, let it cool off and then go run another 4 laps. I'll get that fixed asap.

Here's some video of the 3rd session.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2rVVSTnjyU

"70_Fastback" said:
Not bad for a senior citizen.

INDEED !!!

Setup , video and sound is perfect ! What camera do you use.?

(I am still missing that 5th gear ) Whats the top RPM of your engine ?

My setup is off kilter. I adjusted the camera mount and somehow got it tilted to the right! Easy fix on that one.

The camera is a 2 yr old Samsung SC-HMX10C HD with a wide angle lens added. I have it on a adj roll bar mount and hooked up to an inverter for power.

I changed to a 7,200 chip, so it kicks in around 7,100. I was spinning it to 7,400 before the last valve train explosion!

We actually just ran the first session combined and the last two sessions we were split.

I ran in the advanced group for the first time and ran my best times but killed myself doing it.

Be sure to notice my nice little mistake in the chicane on the back stretch (at about 1:05 into the video). Nothing like a little drift at 75 mph. Passing the Lotus put me in the wrong place at the wrong time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_yaLMiR2hA

This is how I should have gone through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYpD-JrU8bM

"silverblueBP" said:
My setup is off kilter. I adjusted the camera mount and somehow got it tilted to the right! Easy fix on that one.

The camera is a 2 yr old Samsung SC-HMX10C HD with a wide angle lens added. I have it on a adj roll bar mount and hooked up to an inverter for power.

I changed to a 7,200 chip, so it kicks in around 7,100. I was spinning it to 7,400 before the last valve train explosion!

Thats a killer engine you have got !!

Made the mistake of letting the guys at work view an entire session of laps.

They came to the conclusion that I have a weakness with my right turns (out of the throttle early and back in to it late). They are actually correct.

They also came up with the reason why this is happening.

Repeat after me in your best hillbilly drawl,

NASCAR don't make right turns.

"Mach1ne" said:
Made the mistake of letting the guys at work view an entire session of laps.

They came to the conclusion that I have a weakness with my right turns (out of the throttle early and back in to it late). They are actually correct.

They also came up with the reason why this is happening.

Repeat after me in your best hillbilly drawl,

NASCAR don't make right turns.
"silverblueBP" said:
Bwaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha

nascrap sucks.

:yah :yah :yah :thu :thu :thu

Forgot to post up a pic of my 66 and Sean's 65.

778453203_photobucket_65221_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"70_Fastback" said:
Who is Sean?

I saw Sean post over on the VMF and contacted him. He lives in the St. Louis area and was trackless after the closing of Gateway.

"AzPete" said:
Mark, you must stop driving in the rain....your car seems smaller than the red one.

The incredible shrinking car! That's those small NT-01's it's rolling on. Sean was running 26" tall tires to my 23" tires.

There used to be a lot of options for 15" tires, not anymore :rant

"silverblueBP" said:
I saw Sean post over on the VMF and contacted him. He lives in the St. Louis area and was trackless after the closing of Gateway.
Jeremy, I think you guys over in KS need to reconsider giving Mark another shot. It's pretty sad that he has to import new friends from out of state now.

Mark, are you & Skip doing the track day today???

Weather looks WAY too nice for you to be running... :hide

Back