• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Track day tomorrow, I'd like to

A

Anonymous

Thank all of the newbs that have signed up and wished for good weather :pbj

Zero chance of precipitation, a few clouds, breezy and low 80's. Can't be much better forecast than that! All you old naysayers and chumps can go :shee

Brent will be there with his 11 GT and he's bringing a friend with a Lingenfelter Vette.

"AzPete" said:
How's the car running.............you know, if it isn't rain.......

The car has ran perfect since the last rebuild in Feb.

Probably still making circles if no rain and a running car....HEY MARK.....track is closed for the night.....go home...

Finally made it home and showered.

The day was AWESOME! Probably the best track day I've ever had. The car ran perfect, burned up 2 tanks of expensive leaded race fuel and corded the right side tires.

I ran 5 full sessions and just had a blast. The guy with the STI that I couldn't catch last track day was catchable today. He and I spent a full session nose to tail (was planned) and I gave the ole 66 everything that the tires would take to keep up with him. Last session of the day I tried to do the same with an 08 Shelby GT Mustang, but once the tires got warmed up, he slowly disappeared behind me. One of the other highlights of the day was when the Ferrari 458 Italia gave ME a point by! Course, once he got some heat into his tires I had to return the favor, but I will cherish that moment till I die.

Sadly, I went off and left my camcorder sitting on my desk, so the only proof of today's track antics is in my own thoughts.

For those keeping score, the Hankook Ventus Rs-3's (225/45-15) lasted 8 - 20 min sessions. Approximately 8 laps per session on the 2.1 mile course. That gives a grand total of 64 laps and 134 miles on a set of tires. I have got to put more neg camber in this car.

Track season is over for me and it's time to put the car into it's cryogenic sleep for the winter.

Life is Good.

:stu you deserve a good break every once in a while. Enjoy it mark! Besides u know something will happen the first time out next year.

"6t6red" said:
Looks like you had a blast. Thanks for sharing that. I enjoy watching those vids.

I did, it was probably THE best track day yet.

"silverblueBP" said:
I did, it was probably THE best track day yet.

I have to agree with Mark on this one. It was a great track day all around.

I actually got pass bys running in the advance group. Passed three cars in the first session. I only had to let Mark by one time out of three sessions.

Here is one of my better laps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2yiPvwo ... detailpage

I have shaved off 4 seconds a lap this year and and 9 seconds a lap from last year.

The one thing I have figured out is that if I run 3 seconds a lap faster it will just cost me more money.

My tires have lasted five track days running at least three sessions each time and I still have a few more days left in them.

At Marks 3 seconds a lap faster speed, I would already be on my third set of tires this year. Ouch.

Getting my car ready for a long winter's nap.

Later.

Skip

Back