• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Track day yesterday (updated with video)

Looks good for sure. Can you get a legible speedometer in view of the camera? That would be interesting to see the speeds as you run.

As for the vibration and parts falling off.....STAY OFF THE CORNER BUMPS..... :rofl

"AtlantaSteve" said:
Ok so...where's the 944 spinning out footage? :)

My fat fingers made a mockery of the remote switch I added, very little video of the 3 sessions I ran. Missed the spin.

Speedo is not accurate anymore since adding the 4.11 gear. I changed the driven gear, but have the wrong drive gear to make it correct and I'm not taking the tail housing off to change it again!

With the tires I have on there, the C-R and a 4.11 rear, 7,000 rpm in 3rd is about 90mph and in 4th it's about 118mph.

There's a cool app for cell phones that will log all the good on track data, then show it back on a PC. I have one of the few phones it will NOT work on :expl

Knowing the speed on track is not important anyway, I just drive it till the rev limiter kicks in.....won't go any faster than that without blowing into a few thousand pieces :yikes

When I ran the 3.70 gears, the fastest I had it was about 124. Personally, that's fast enough in a 43 yr old car for me! The car could go faster, I just don't think the driver could get it whoa'd down for the corner.

I agree that the speed is not what you look for but it would be neat for us to see it as you run thru the track.

OK, I'll R&R the tranny, remove the tail housing, change the drive gear and mount a camera pointed at the speedo just for you Pete :nice

Or....you could just come out here and watch the speedo from the passenger seat :gs

"silverblueBP" said:
OK, I'll R&R the tranny, remove the tail housing, change the drive gear and mount a camera pointed at the speedo just for you Pete :nice

Or....you could just come out here and watch the speedo from the passenger seat :gs

I will hold you to the ride if I ever make it that way. Still have some family in Topeka so you never know.....

Fun stuff. I had to disconnect the speedo in my car. It kept scaring everyone that rode with me. They would keep looking over and screem every time it would go out of sight. Now they just ask how fast we were going and I lie.

The be honest, and I'm not kidding here, it got to be a safety issue. Having someone scream at high speed is distracting to say the least. Sometimes it sounded like something was wrong with our car or someone around us. I would have to look over to see what they were screaming about. Though the look on their face was priceless.

I can see that for sure......a bit of duct tape would help.....with restraints for their hands.

I checked everything out this am. Plugs looked fine, compression was all within 10 lbs (170-180), no water, oil or metal where it was not supposed to be. Ran the car up to 7000 with no vibration while video taping it..still nothing out of the ordinary.

Phew, I'm really stretching my luck here.

P.S., I like it when they turn green and start yelling to go in!

"AzPete" said:
I can see that for sure......a bit of duct tape would help.....with restraints for their hands.

You can still hear them scream through the duct tape ..... :zip

Back