• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Try to deal local and ......

AzPete

.....it just was set to not work. Trying to buy a simple 16' car trailer. A couple months ago I contacted this local shop about building a tilt bed. After a call and two visits, he never got an estimate for me. Shortly after that, I decided to go the regular trailer route. Was out of town and found one for a decent price but had the '07 Mustang. Decided to give the local guy another chance. After all, one can have a bad day. Ordered the trailer on the 4th to be in on the 7th, 8th(Fri) at the latest. No trailer, no call. Went there and was told Mon. for sure. Went there, no trailer. Was told his delivery man went on vacation without telling anyone. Hmmmm. Promised for Tues. Again, no call so I go there at the end of the business day. Ahhhh, trailer's there, BUT, single axle brakes, not dual as ordered, 2 5/16" ball, not 2" as ordered. His reply is I can fix all this by Wed. I am tired of dealing with him, ask for my deposit back. I do not want to have a brand new unit cut up on the hitch which he said would shorten it some. While he is writing the check, he says the normal "Gee, we have never had this problem before". Then I reminded him of my first trip in there. His comment was "oh". Took my check and left him with a $2100 trailer. He will sell it, just not to me.

Now, to find another one................

Welcome to wonderful Panama City, where service vendors are a joke and decent quality service is hard to find.

Get some plans, some angle iron, and come on over: let's make you a trailer together!

Sniff, Sniff. A bonding moment, Florida style.....brings tears to me eyes I tell ya

Right now, I have said to he** with the trailer. So irritated now, I just might sell it all and drive the 34' RV as my only vehicle.

That Florida style bonding was done over some cold adult beverages and old Mustangs.

"AzPete" said:
Right now, I have said to he** with the trailer. So irritated now, I just might sell it all and drive the 34' RV as my only vehicle.

That Florida style bonding was done over some cold adult beverages and old Mustangs.

Now Pete, step away from the keyboard and take a deep breath. Relax, there's another dip***t out there willing to run you through the mill. Just ask Mid, he's been there long enough to know. It's the same here in SC. Idon't know how people stay in business. ~???

Yea, yea, yea..... Now I have to decide what to do. One problem we have is doing full time RVing with any Mustang makes it hard to travel. From our investigating, most camp grounds are limited in space to handle a 34' RV with a car trailer (16'). Mustangs cannot be towed with all 4 wheels on the ground so to keep at least one, I need a trailer. I will just slow down my search and something will show up. The only reason I wanted one now was in case the weather here dictated my travel plans. Other than that, we are pretty much here until next year due to the wifes Dr. visits.

Pete that is a high price for a trailer. We have 2 places here. One that does a cutom tilt for 1200 and another that makes your trailer just plain but solid for 800. For that money its worth coming here to south texas. Hell you buy me dinner at that resteraunt there in mobile next to the battleship and I might be sorely tempted to meet you half way with it. LOL

So much depends on the area with trailers. I was looking at a 8'X16', all steel (not solid diamond plate bed but two tracks, open center), rear ramps, twin 3500 lb axles, both with elec. brakes and emergency battery operation, white spokes, spare tire, 7 pin plug, leaf springs, 2" ball, and tongue jack. Most of those I find run from $1800 and up. A tilt bed runs $2800 and up, both prices based on brand and location.

Nice aluminum trailers and excellent system but at $5000.00 plus, it is a bit more than I really need. If I was on and off all the time, I could possibly see that cost.

Yep, nothing worth the money close by right now. Just have to wait it out for a bit and something will show up.

Yeah thats your best bet.

And go to www.jaxed.com and click the link at the top where it says "So you want the MASH?"

The MASH is a tool to browse and search all craigslists in the country at once.... can help find ones in neighboring cities and states. Cool tool.

Back