• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Ugly '68 Coupe in NY

nymustang

I've come to realize that I don't have the time or money to keep pouring into my beloved couple at this point and since I am soon losing my garage space this poor car has to go. The car is a T code that I have converted to V8. Its the ideal donor car if you have a rust free body but it isn't really worth trying to save this body. It just needs too much. First the good:

Suspension from 70 Mach 1
Brand new discs and calipers up front with virtually zero miles on them
9" Locking rear with decent drums and pads
2 Year old driveshaft installed, but barely used
5 New tires on so so painted 68 styled steel wheels
T-5 Trans out of a 91 GT
New clutch, flywheel, TO bearing and pilot bearing installed
5.0 non roller motor out of 83 Gt, 68 style front end setup V-belt
Edlebrock RPM intake, Edlebrock 750 CFM carb (way too much carb), March pulleys
Seats are out of the car and are in very nice shape but they were recovered at some point
Good glass all around
Solid trunk lid, hood and extra set of doors
Decent set of fenders

The Bad:
The body
Needs quarters, wheel houses
Needs cowl redone, very poorly attempted by me and I'm embarrassed with the results
Needs floors, front floor supports and torque boxes redone, I did them once and they are fairly solid but really ugly and mush be redone
Needs toe boards, I never got around to them
Interior put back in

Like I said being that this is a T Code its not worth saving the body. Take everything else and swap it onto your body and you've got a pretty nice drivetrain setup. As for the price, $2500 and its all yours. I might be willing to talk a little on the price, but if no one wants it, I'll just keep it and keep frustrating myself. The car is Located in Staten Island NY. I don't have access to photos right now but there are some in the members build section and I can get more to anyone who is interested. Thanks everyone.

Back