• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Underbody and interior colors.

slingslingbinks

Hi ya all.

I finally got all the body work done and the body media blasted and i'm doing research on what color to paint the interior of the car, Trunk and under side of the body.

I do not have the door tag to see what the original color was, but i believe it was a yellow color of some sorts.

I have the complete body media blasted and i'm not going 100% concours on the correct primer under the body but i do know the front clip area and firewall is a satin black and it goes to the rear of the car underneath the body, But how far back the black goes is the question there.

What kind of primer should i shoot the body with will be helpfull as well.

My wife has a color picked out and it's a tortoise blue color and she need's to find the paint code before i can prime the body.

I showed the wife some other pictures of other car's for an idea of what she would want and she would like the firewall, underside, interior, and trunk area all the same color as the outside of the body as in the color she picked out and the dash painted a white color.

The front clip area will be satin black.

The vin on this car is (5F07F156770)

I would like to make the body look as much original as i can and also make the wife happy too.

Any ideas out there?

Tks Scott.

Attachments

• Bottom side done.jpg
    Bottom side done.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 64
I was going to suggest you visit our sister site but I see you already did. You'll get the best info there.

Even though you're not going full blown concours, you might as well paint it as correct as possible.

I would paint the underside body color, and the engine compartment black. You could spray one coat of PPG Epoxy primer on the underside wait 30 minutes and start applying your base cost of color followed by your clear coat.

The only real cars that had a color were the california cars, they used red oxide. Everywhere else just used leftover paints mixed together IIRC, it made a general dark color.

I like the red oxide myself.

"Coupe" said:
The only real cars that had a color were the california cars, they used red oxide. Everywhere else just used leftover paints mixed together IIRC, it made a general dark color.

I like the red oxide myself.
The Metuchen, NJ cars had red oxide as well.

Back