• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

used car resources

Doesn't autotrader publish a Mustang only edition of the magazine? I think they also have a muscle car and antique car version. Hemmings motor news is also a good source, but its usually ads from people who know what they have and the price$ reflect that.

Pat,

Craigslist, to me anyways, seems to have better deals than eBay. I'd steer clear of Hemmings type auto-traders. yes, there is a special auto-trader type magazine dedicated to Mustangs. My experience is that the cars within are so over-priced that they couldn't be sold anywhere else. It's doubtful you'd find any kind of deal within these magazines.

You're living in California right? Search SoCal, AZ and any other dry climate areas close by and something nice will surely turn up sooner rather than later.

Three pieces of advice:

1. Take your time. If you set a time limit on yourself to "find the car within the next month", you'll likely settle for something less than you'd planned on. Tell yourself that you'll find the right car eventually and when that happens, buy it.

2. Under no circumstances should you ever leave a non-refundable deposit without first inspecting the car in person. If this means taking a weekend flight, so be it.

3. You're looking for a "turn-key" car.... so don't consider cars that need minor repairs. Minor repairs ALWAYS lead to MAJOR repairs. For instance the car with the rusty rear floor section. Before you know it you'd have the interior completely dis-assembled to fix the rust, one thing would lead to another and it would be a couple months (and likely a couple grand) before you had everything back together. You already have a car that needs repairs, you shouldn't need another one.

What model/options EXACTLY are you looking for?

Dave,
I am looking for a nice 65-68 coupe. I am really open to drivetrain, interior etc. I dont want something I have to work on I want something I can drive. You are so right about the rusted floor pan, I know how those projects grow bigger. Thanks to all for the replies

Back