• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

uuupdate on the 6cyl I replaced

Flysure1

The guy I sold the car called me yesterday and wanted me to look at the block, I was off fishing so I said I would stop later, he took it to a local mechanic and he confirmed what he was afraid of, there is a 6 in crack on the outside of the block! I am getting pi$$ed now, I have paid now for 2 blocks to be prepped, 2 sets of cam bearings, 2 gasket sets---I think I will strongly suggest the machine shop stand behind this, I had the block boiled and asked them to check it out before they started on it, I never looked at the block closely and I guess they never did either. The machine shop people are supposed to be the pros. :wtf

Yeah, I think someone else needs to wear this one. Your right, someone didn't do their homework. Sorry for all your trouble Rod.

Rod, you have gone above and beyond for this guy. You owe him nothing more, and you are due a refund from the machine shop. Take care buddy.

Back