• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Venturing to the Dark Side

68stang289

Hey all. So I take a 2 1/2 year leave of absence from the 3-letter site because I had started law school and now when I come back everything was different and I missed oh so much! (Thanks law school! One more thing you ruined for me, haha). I joined over there many moons ago when I was 15 and thought I knew it all (now I'm 23 and realize I both know and have nothing, haha!) and just starting to restore my first 68 Mustang. When I got back I noticed a lot of you guys who had helped me so much over the years and over the last 5 stangs were missing.

Guruatbol then showed me the light (or the darkness I guess?). Great to see that some of you great guys are still around and running strong. I've been lurking around while my registration was pending (you bunch of elitists :craz ) and it looks like the group I remember. I enjoy the ball busting where everyone knows it's just in good fun and doesn't get all butt hurt over one little comment. Plus I love the guys who know a ton of information about these cars.

My current resto project is a 70 Mach 1 428 SCJ, 4 speed car. She's not an original 428 car, but was an original Mach. The previous owner had pulled the 428 out of a wrecked 70 back in the 80's and dropped the beast in. I'm going for a restomod meets classic restoration look for it, nothing too crazy. Since I know that "this thread is worthless without pics!" I'll post a few of her coming home from paint for you guys. Great to be back!

21786010057_large.jpg

21786010058_large.jpg

21786010059_large.jpg

21786010060_large.jpg

21786010061_large.jpg

21786010062_large.jpg

21786010063_large.jpg

21786010064_large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome home....... :lol.......you need to get a little shine to that paint don't you? Looks nice.

The Mopar is actually my dad's. It's a 67 Coronet 440, 318 poly motor with headers and dual exhaust, column shift automatic and bench seat. It's also in the resto process and actually at the painters as we speak. It's going to be B5 blue with the blackout superbee type hood stripe with the 64-65 Dodge Ramcharger scoop also blacked out. It should look really good when it's done.

I like to talk a lot of trash because my car is faster than his and he's tried to get me to be a mopar guy since I was very little going to the swap meets up in Michigan with him. I want to get a license plate for my mach that says "here hemi, hemi, hemi". He just recently retired though so this is just something to keep the car guy in him busy and to have a cool cruiser when it's done.

"midpack" said:
SAWEEET!!

that's some serious metallic

Thanks! The painter and me went through a lot of test panels before I found the one I liked the most. It's a custom color, a mixture between Dark Shadow Grey Metallic, Porsche Grey and that Pepper Grey from Eleanor. I had him shoot the car with lower pressure so the metal flake would stand up a little bit more and it came out great. The pictures do not do her justice at all.

Welcome aboard.

So now that it's back from paint it should be fully assembled/functional in the next month or so?

Welcome to the site and thanks for doing your research.
Pics on first post......Safrigginweet!

"Sluggo" said:
Welcome to the site and thanks for doing your research.
Pics on first post......Safrigginweet!
+1 overhere. Now the fun begins !!! and Welcome to the board. :ecit :ecit

"daveSanborn" said:
Welcome aboard.

So now that it's back from paint it should be fully assembled/functional in the next month or so?

Hahaha, yeah, I said the same thing when I got home from break on Dec. 6. I'm hoping to have her ready for our big local show in the middle of January, but at this rate (and at the rate CJ Pony Parts is getting me my parts, an apparent issue with everyone here) it will be more like when I graduate in May.

Welcome aboard, and great lookin Mach. Oh and someone will be along to pass you the cookies. :lol

"68stang289" said:
Thanks! The painter and me went through a lot of test panels before I found the one I liked the most. It's a custom color, a mixture between Dark Shadow Grey Metallic, Porsche Grey and that Pepper Grey from Eleanor. I had him shoot the car with lower pressure so the metal flake would stand up a little bit more and it came out great. The pictures do not do her justice at all.

Looks friggin great. Welcome to your new home on the dark side! As with the VMF of yore, beware of sheep and mankini pics

Very nice looking Coronet......er I mean your Mustang.....er I mean whatever. Welcome to the land of crazy people but don't worry there are a couple of us sane soles trying to keep everyone in line here.

Sweet look'n car, thank gawd it's not another butt ugly GO :dh

Back