• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Virginia Classic Mustang

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
VA Classic Mustang is an excellent choice of Mustang Parts and very knowledgeable and helpful sales people. They have many unique parts (rear brake hoses come to mind) that no one else has. While their catalog is not nearly as detailed as others, it serves its purpose and has many pictures of the items to help you choose. The quality of their parts are quite high, and I have rarely, if ever, been disappointed.

Customer service is outstanding. Once, I needed to confirm the differences between 1966 and 1967 brake caliper dust seals. The sales person went and retrieved both sets, and together, we figured out I had one 1967 caliper and one 1966 caliper on my car. All this for a $20 order.

My only gripe about VA Classic is that they do not have an 800 phone number and restricted sales office hours (OK...two gripes). Overall, I give VA Classic a 4.5 out of 5. I do not hesitate to recommend them to anyone needing quality parts and service.

I ordered my upper ball joints from VCM. I was satisfied with the customer service, although I was rather unsatisfied with the product. Turns out the 4-bolt upper ball joints they stock have a grease zerk on the bottom...which requires you to remove one of the bolts in order to snap a grease fitting on it. Stupid design. I did email VCM about the problem and they said they'd look into it.

I'd buy from them again, but I'm extremely dissatisfied with their web catalog. It's near-impossible to find parts. Besides, anything I can get from them (and then some) I can also get from other vendors.

"hivewax" said:
A majority of my orders are from VCM. Their prices are competitive with the best of them.

Ditto on the above comment... love their control arms.. (mine is a '67 application) great stampings and quality too.

I used them for Lower Control Arms, and they had actual Moogs for an insanely low price.

Like Mid, I found the customer service outstanding. It's really great to call in and place an order from a guy who not only knows the parts, also told me how well they were working on HIS CAR. It's great when a service rep also works on his own classic mustang. Getting more and more rare in this world.

It's also hard to get the 67 moogs anymore...but they have them!

Looks like they are moving up in the performance dept. I just saw OpenTracker roller perches on their e-mail.

See Thursday March 20, 2008 in blog link below.
http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/2008_03_01_archive.html

Brant sent me a set of then new 69-70 fold down seat trim to evaluate and post the results on my webpage. I've bought several items from them for my fastback, but ended up using other vendors out of state for most purchases to avoid paying both shipping and sales tax. I have talked to Brant on the phone as well as several of his staff and have found them all to be highly knowledgeable, friendly, and the customer service first class. I highly recommend VA Classic to anybody looking for high quality parts and great service.

I used to buy from them every now and then, but when I needed it fast I would buy from [someone else ---modified by Midlife]. Now that I am a dealer I don't buy from them anymore. It never made any sense why they were so cheap and not have a 800#. Rich.

There are a number of parts on my car from VCM. I used to use them a lot and their service is great.

I hate their website since they changed it though.

No particular reason that I haven't ordered from the lately other than I am somewhat done with my car and now days if I need something it's usually something I need to get it back on the road and there are a couple of Mustang parts houses here in town that I can order from, pay regular ground and get it literally the next day....when the local [parts store ---modified by Midlife] doesn't have what I need that is....

These guys are great in my book . Great service here, some cool items not found elsewhere, and very good inventory. Definitely one of the best.

Back