1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Voter ID's and Racism

Discussion in 'Politics, Guns, and a can of Whoop Ass!' started by msell66, Dec 5, 2017.

1. guruatbol

guruatbol Always on vacation!

CA allows undocumented aliens to have driver's licenses.

In order to fly my kids told me they needed their passport.

Driver's licenses do not prove citizenship.

Mel

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

2. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

Many states allow illegals to obtain IDs and even drivers licenses. The very thought of this is simply insane. A governmental body being approached by a person stating they have no legal right to be in the country and have broken our laws to do so and yet instead of alerting authorities they provide them the means to more easily exist in our country illegally. Really???

https://www.nilc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/drivers-license-access-table.pdf

I love some of the language used by the various states in detailing eligibility for these items. Illinois, my beloved Blue state says...

"Temporary visitor’s license for drivers ineligible for Social Security number who do not have proof of authorized presence"

HOLY SHIT! That should be the definition of an illegal and its used to hand out a tool to exist more easily in our midst. CT (where I was yesterday) will give out a drivers license to anyone who can't prove they should be here as long as they promise to try to become legal at some point. You can't make this shit up.

And having an ID is not, for an illegal or even a citizen, to prove ones citizenship. That is the purpose of a birth certificate or passport. The discussion about ID here is simply about the nationwide resurgence of a call for stricter voter ID laws.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  3. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

Illinois is the Midwest Kalifornia

msell66 likes this.
  4. Horseplay

sad but kinda true. I gotta move. Anyone want a great house?

5. tarafied1

tarafied1 Well-Known Member

I left Illinois in 2004. Would never go back! And due to the Real ID Act, the TSA won't except some states drivers licenses because they don't meet the standards. Kentucky is one of them. To fly after January 22nd 2018 I will have to use my passport.
    https://www.tsa.gov/sites/default/files/resources/realid_factsheet.pdf

6. Horseplay

I think if Kentucky would adopt the use of modern methods of ID creation as opposed to using crayons and colored paper they could comply. :p

7. tarafied1

tarafied1 Well-Known Member

that would require everyone to quit drinking all that moonshine...

Grabber70Mach likes this.
  8. C6ZZGT

C6ZZGT New Member

I have a GREEN card,so I am legal here but can`t vote.But get this,in WA I could register to vote online and all I have to do is "PROMISE" not to lie and I could get registered !

9. msell66

msell66 Burning Fossil Fuels Donator

Not surprising at all.