• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wanted - Door lock Rods for 67-68 Mustang

Johnny M

I feel it will be impossible to write this ad without sexual innuendos.

I need the rods for the lock knobs on my 67-68 FB. Basically the small metal rods that go from the internal locking mechanisms to the knobs on the top of the door. X_X

For some reason I have all the other rods and these are the only 2 that are missing. It seems I can only buy a full set that included door lock, door handle, etc and nowhere seems to sell individual ones.

They are $140 for two sets in this part of the world and the $84 you pay in the USA will be roughly the same after i pay shipping,Taxes, Duty.

By any chance does anyone know where i can buy the individual ones or if you have these lying about then please get in touch.

Thanks,

Johnny

I think it will be pretty hard to find just the rod by itself. You might need to settle for a couple used set of internal assemblies. Sounds like you can't wait for it to journey in the next container heading to you?

I will ask around.

Johnny, NPD carries a set of 3 rods per door for $30 each door. Item # 21852-2a and 21853-2a

"cmayna" said:
I think it will be pretty hard to find just the rod by itself. You might need to settle for a couple used set of internal assemblies. Sounds like you can't wait for it to journey in the next container heading to you?

I will ask around.

Hey Craig,
I think i might've found the hard to find rods.... :confu

I looked back through the for sale section and there is a guy on here that listed a 67 coupe he is parting out. I think the rods are the same for a FB & Coupe. He is going to have a look today to see if the car still has them and hopefully he will be able to send them to me...

Its full steam ahead on the stang. No more waiting on containers....Even Jenny is giving me an ear full about getting it driving. (thanks to you North Cal guys)

The doors are the same for coupe and fastback... If you don't find a set, let me know as I'm probably going to see my Mustang used parts source in the next week or so for some better strikers. I'm sure he's got plenty of the lock rods.

Guys,
Thanks for the help but it looks like i am sorted. Nick(69mstng) got the set from his 67 parts car. $15 shipped which has saved me a ball of $$ that will be put to use on other essential parts.

Regards,

Johnny

Back