• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Warms my heart

RustyRed

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.c ... -arrested/

This story warms my heart.

Didn't know the guy and never heard of him but glad to see the police are starting to crack down on this kind of crap.

I got ripped off years ago and the cops just pass the buck...both the cops where the other person lives and the cops in your area both claim the crime wasn't in their jurisdiction.

I hate people like that and unfortunately our hobby is full of them. Several years ago there was a well known Mustang restorer that tried to swindle a newbie 68 428 Fastback out of his snake valve covers at a national MCA show. No repops were available at the time and these were the very rare "Snake" valve covers. It was documented that the drag pack cars that fell within the production date had these unique valve covers installed at the factory. The restorer told the newbie that "his" valve covers were not the "correct" ones but he had a set and he would swap with him and give him a hundred bucks to boot. I guess this newbie was lucky that me and a friend that was well versed in the drag pack cars kinda took up earlier that day and started shaking our heads when this "Mustang expert" tried to take his high dollar valve covers. At the time there was a set of these on flea-bay for over 2k and my friend had looked them a few days before the show. The well known restorer simply wanted to take advantage of the newbie and walk away with his valve covers. I have to say I love it when people like this finally have to face the music. Course the one that tried to swindle the valve covers it has yet to happen. Who knows, maybe in time it will catch up to this well known MCA Mustang expert too. I'll keep waiting........... :chair

Back