• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

We have been broken into - UPDATE II - OMG!

Truly amazing, Craig.
You and Barbara survive a home invasion while you are sleeping.
They didn't touch the car worth much more than the Subaru.
They didn't get into anything like your shop.
They didn't come back.
YOU found your car just while driving around.
You didn't get a beatdown. What if the guy who stole the stuff was the same guy you asked to borrow the phone from... (he was probably getting a frappachino at Starbucks)
The PD found ALL of your stuff
They know who the guys are.

ALL within a few days.....
Amazing....

Congrats you lucky old goat...

"gtscode" said:
While I think ADT are a bunch of jerks I have ADT with the iPhone integration it's pretty damn impressive. Can check status of all sensors, when opened and closed, and arm and disarm all from my phone.

I had ADT once..... We had a short, caused by the ADT tech that shorted out our home phone. 5 days and they never once sent anyone to our house or called our cell phones. And we were paying for a monitored system. I promptly called them, when my phone was repaired, to get their shit out of my house.

Monitored security systems in a residential house are a waste of money. Response time (if there is actually notification hat occurs) doesn't do you any good. The best solution is prevention. Buy/borrow/steal and ADT or other sign and put it by the front of the house. Mount a couple window sensors in prominent locations where would-be thieves will see them. That does about as much good or more than a real alarm system. If you're hell bent on a system forget paying for monitoring and simply pick one with a really loud siren.

Thieves don't want hassles. They want easy in and out with the least chance of getting caught. They have a hundred other houses nearby they could go after instead of yours. Just make them think there could be issues and they will move on. Usually. A barking dog is your number one deterrent. The noise alone is usually enough but the fear of a bite seals the deal.

I agree with Horseplay. Buy a sign, never thought about a window contact for looks however. I have a sign in front of my home from a company I worked for a few years ago. When it comes to adt we would joke about a crappy alarm system install as it must have been an adt job. They may offer a "free" in home security system, but they more than make up for it in monitoring fees.

I am an alarm technician, however I only did commercial business. Now I am a service tech for video surveillance (in grocery stores).

fd

"silverblueBP" said:
A .45 ACP in hand beats an alarm system every time!

To paraphrase the roach motel commercial, "thieves break in...then they CHECK OUT"!! Hello 911, ummm yes, don't bother sending the police just send the coroner!

Back