• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Weekend Doh!

So a couple weeks ago I bought a '94 F150, just so I had something to haul crap around and tow $^$% if I need to. Anyway it needs a little work, first item was to change the Clockspring in the steering column so I could get the horn to work (inspection item). After I stripped BOTH holes in the steering wheel trying to get the wheel off using my steering wheel puller. Trip to Lowes, buy a new tap and I'm back in business. Get the wheel off and remove the old clock spring. The ignition switch is next to come out. The outer chrome ring was broke when I bought the truck so I was planning on replacing it any, if I could get the damn thing out. I search the web to find out that the key needs to be in the start position and then the little button pushed and the ignition comes right out, only I can turn the F^$%#* key now. This past week has been the hottest of the summer, over 100 everyday. So I'm sitting in the truck wrestling with the damn ignition.

SO, after about an hour I figure I'll run to autozone and pick up the new one and maybe that will help me figure out why I cant turn the key. So off to autozone I go. $15.99 later I'm back sitting in the hot ass truck looking at the new switch. Seems simple enough. So why cant I turn the key??? Then it hits me, When I was taking the wheel off, I turned it to the LOCK position. So I tighten the steering wheel bolt all the way down, put a little pressure on it in the reverse direction and Viola, the key turns..........felt like such a dumbass, of course now I feel even worse having put it in print for the world to see.....

Heres a picture of the beast

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry, I know exactly how it feels to feel like a dumbass. I do it daily.

felt like such a dumbass, of course now I feel even worse having put it in print for the world to see.....

You have to be able to laugh at yourself when stupid shit like this happens. Nice lookin' truck BTW

Dave

Back