• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Well, I guess I'm gonna rebuild the carb(update)

"6t6red" said:
I almost washed the monitor with coffee when I read that . Mark was thinking the same as me. I just happened to start reading at that post. :yikes :mid
thats what im saying! Gross! :hide

Can I get the da award please? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Something is blocking the forward flow of the hard line going from the tank to the pump. Did I check everything else? Of course I did. Did I blow out that line from front to back? Of course I did. It took us two hours tonight and was almost to the point of "bad fuel pump or cam eccentric" when we checked that one last piece. I don't know how I feel right now but I know I'll be going to NPD next week to pick up a pre-bent line.

A win is a win. Theres no point for the award until after you fix it. :mj Hopefully this solves it. Ill save the congrats until after its fixed. You did replace the tank right? If not you may want to consider it. There will be more debris to clog the line in the future.

Dude, this one piece of line is the ONLY thing in the fuel and ignition system (besides dizzy) that was not replaced. Some parts needed replacing badly, evidently some didn't. The upside is I now will have a bag full of replacement parts in the trunk. Nothing was thrown away. BTW, the reason for the excessive heat in the pump and filter....not enough fuel to dissipate the heat.

Glad that you finally got it figured out :toot :toot

But, for some reason I thought you had replaced the fuel line when you replaced the tank.....maybe it's because this whole situation was in 43 different threads.

Are you gonna snake the old line and see what was blocking it?

I replaced all the rubber line but never the hard line. Hey, why post on page 3 if everyone is tired of 1 & 2? Start a new one and at least get people through the door! As for finding out what it is...I'll cut that line into 100 pieces if I have to.

Woo Hoooooo, way to go Bubba :toot

Did you find what was plugging the hard line?

Just some gunk that had accumulated crap from the old tank. Here's the kicker. It was 1" from the end of the line. Everything else was good. "Could've" cleaned it out and not replaced but oh well, I don't have a 45 year old line now. Thing was running like a scald......running like me from an owl. I'll clean up some of my lines in the bay and get back to fun stuff. Haven't decided yet if I'm gonna install the e-fan or not. Probably so but for now, I got some rubber to burn.

If the temp here will cool down below 95 where I can get some drive time probably so. I'm wanting to get in a couple long drives to test the otr waters.

"blue65coupe" said:
If the temp here will cool down below 95 where I can get some drive time probably so. I'm wanting to get in a couple long drives to test the otr waters.

95??? That's too bad, we've been suffering the global warmingest oppressive heat of mid 70's. Drive out here, it's nice.

There is nothing "cool" about 95* wind blowing in your face...

Then you're doing something wrong.

Try this instead. Roll up all of the windows and sit in the car in the mid-afternoon sun for approx. 20-30 minutes.

Now open the vent windows and get her up to 60 MPH.

I'll bet that 95* temp air blowing in your face would be welcome then.....

"blue65coupe" said:
There is nothing "cool" about 95* wind blowing in your face.

It is if you are all going the same direction and you're wearing nomex and a helmet :pep :pbj

Back