• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Went deer hunting with the Mustang

RagTop

Old Grumpy
Last Wednesday night I was coming home from a cruise-in. It was a nice, warm evening so I decided to take the scenic route home on a country road with the top down. I'm traveling at about 40 mph when a deer bolts out of the bushes on the right side of the road. I never had a chance to apply the brakes. She almost made it across the lane but I whacked her on the left hip with my left headlight extension. The impact knocked my left low beam light out of it's bucket and pushed the extension slightly back into the fender. The deer never slowed down so I guess she survived. My left fender is slightly crumpled right behind the extension and bulged over the wheel well with a couple of minor creases. The fender looks like it was pushed back slightly under the windshield trim, but my door gap is as nice and even as it was before the accident. I was surprised that the whole thing didn't do more damage. I figured a quick G note would resolve the whole thing. I'm on my third body shop now and the estimates run from a low of $1,550 from a local guy to a high of $4,150 from a custom hot rod shop. I think I might be able to get my attorney to repair it cheaper than the high estimate.;) Anyway, heads up out there. The deer are lurking in the brush.:(

So, Hagerty is arranging to send a contract appraiser over to have a look at my injured pony. They told me to hand him the $4,147 estimate for his comparison and to give him some guidance. Well, OK! They also said they will cut a check directly to me based on their guy's findings, unless I choose to dispute them. They recognize that cutting a check to the body shop is like guaranteeing that the car would go on the back burner. Damn civilized and realistic of them. I love Hagerty.:)

Back