• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

We're OK

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
Just a quick note: we survived Michael, but we lost fences, 60% of the shingles, and had water intrusion into the attic and ceiling drywall. One small window broken in the house garage. Lost power at 11AM on the 10th, water later that day. I sat and watched the entire hurricane from my Florida room, watching the winds turn from the east to north to west; we stayed in the eye wall for about 3 hours or so. Lots of trees fell down from across the street onto our property but did not hit the house. Had sufficient water for a couple of days, gas for the generator, so it would be like camping for a few days. One dropped ceiling in a room we closed and sealed off. The house got very humid and hot, and even with the windows open it was a bit uncomfortable. No toilet functions. Started cleanup the next day, but tarps came on only on Monday, thanks to neighbors. Road was cleared by cutting trees, leaving tops in our yard. Driveway was cleared. Went out on Monday for gas, supplies, and wife's medications by driving north about 50 miles.
Tuesday: 2 more dropped ceilings, and mold beginning to form in carpets and ceilings, so decided to bug out to Columbus GA, as everything closer was taken. Will not return until power, sewage, water, and Internet returns. I have insurance, and they are helpful in relieving anxiety at the moment. Harness business will be down until I can return and resume work.

Thanks for thinking of me!

Good to hear everyone is safe. Sounds like you had a good backup plan in place. Hopefully the insurance will get on top of stuff to preserve the integrity of the building and get things dried out.

Pete evacuated the day before (he lives in a pre-manufactured home), and he and his family is fine. His house suffered damage. Due to very poor wireless service everywhere, I've not had much comms with him. I believe he went back home a couple of days ago.

Glad to hear that you and the family are safe Mid. Hopefully the clean up of your house will go smoothly. Also glad to hear that Pete and his family are good also.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Just a quick note: we survived Michael, but we lost fences, 60% of the shingles, and had water intrusion into the attic and ceiling drywall. One small window broken in the house garage. Lost power at 11AM on the 10th, water later that day. I sat and watched the entire hurricane from my Florida room, watching the winds turn from the east to north to west; we stayed in the eye wall for about 3 hours or so. Lots of trees fell down from across the street onto our property but did not hit the house. Had sufficient water for a couple of days, gas for the generator, so it would be like camping for a few days. One dropped ceiling in a room we closed and sealed off. The house got very humid and hot, and even with the windows open it was a bit uncomfortable. No toilet functions. Started cleanup the next day, but tarps came on only on Monday, thanks to neighbors. Road was cleared by cutting trees, leaving tops in our yard. Driveway was cleared. Went out on Monday for gas, supplies, and wife's medications by driving north about 50 miles.
Tuesday: 2 more dropped ceilings, and mold beginning to form in carpets and ceilings, so decided to bug out to Columbus GA, as everything closer was taken. Will not return until power, sewage, water, and Internet returns. I have insurance, and they are helpful in relieving anxiety at the moment. Harness business will be down until I can return and resume work.

Thanks for thinking of me!
Glad to hear you are OK.

Who wants to hear from the wifey? You'll get quite an earful....

Glad to hear you are safe, Randy.

Prayers that you and Pete can get through this without huge issues!

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back