• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What are these wires?

68EFIvert

I have started rewiring my car but I've run into a stumbling block. I can't find my wiring diagram for my car and I'm not sure which wires should connect to these. I know the square plug leads down to my transmission and I believe it is for my reverse light and possibly a VSS. It has two black wires with red stripes and one red wire that goes from one terminal to another in a loop.

The three prong plug goes to my fuel injection harness and plug into the original body. I think one is for oil and one is for water but I'm not sure the order or what the third wire is used for. The three wires are a red wire with white stripe, a yellow wire with red stripe, and a red wire with yellow stripes.

Does anybody have any ideas on what these wires are for? I really would appreciate help! Thank you!!!!

eny5a6y5.jpg
abu5u5ep.jpg

Darreld
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

red/white is water temperature, white/red is oil pressure, and red/green is coil. You are also correct that the square plug is for NSS and backup lights.

One last question about the NSS and back up light. I assume the NSS is the red wire that is looped. The black wires look identical. I only have one wire coming from the AAW harness for the back up lights. What would the other wire be connected to? Is it a ground perhaps?

On a stock Mustang, power is supplied from the fuse box, routes to the shifter, where the switch transfers power to the other line.

If your AAW system has only one wire, then power is supplied by the tranny or else flows to your backup lights and is only grounded via that one wire. I would think it is the former situation, as the other requires two wires for each backup light in the rear (a gazinta and a gazouta).

I called up AAW and cleared up the confusion with the backup light. You are right Mid that I needed another wire. It is a power wire that was in the same branch.

Thanks for the help guys!!!!!!

Darreld
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back