• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What are you doing for anti-theft?

Mach1 Driver

I have Lojack's Early Warning System on one of my cars- I notice it goes for $995 now (yikes). What are you doing?

I just bought a Henry .357 Mag. repeater rifle. Beautiful weapon and it doesn't draw that unwanted attention that an AR15 derivative would. I also keep a Remington Model 51 .380 pistol, a Taurus PT92S 9mm pistol and a 12 ga. home defense piece loaded with 00 buckshot. Unfortunately my large wolf/Husky mix died of old age last fall.

without legal hassle of killing someone I use a pedal lock and the old steering wheel lock. Considered LowJack but never got around to buying it.

When I drove Midlife around and had to park it for shopping (for example), I simply removed the gas tank and took it with me under my arm.

Manual transmission with King Cobra clutch and stock linkage is a pretty good anti-theft device by itself. I sometimes take the rotor out of the distributor.

When Mine was running I left it with the top down unlocked all the time.

It's worth more for the insurance money anyway so I might as well leave the keys in it too.

I have a manual trans. Nobody knows how to drive those any more.

Oh and good insurance.

Mel

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

When Mine was running I left it with the top down unlocked all the time.

It's worth more for the insurance money anyway so I might as well leave the keys in it too.
we have pretty coverage too, my wife is a worry wart on the Power Tour and other time we leave it overnight in a hotel parking lot but I tell her that's why we have insurance. I probably should make it at least a little difficult to steel but again I figure most people will leave it alone because it attracts attention and they figure someone is always watching...

Back