1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dismiss Notice

What changed with posting pics?

Discussion in 'Site Info' started by Horseplay, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

Now I may be overly tired and missing something obvious but something has changed with adding pics to posts. The only way I can find to do it now is by having a URL address for the desired pic. A few days ago I could just pic an image on my computer and that was it. Do we now have to have a web host site for pics to post?

Am I missing something?

2. thebruce

thebruce Out to lunch

I'm using an android tablet, so it may not be the same as what you have. Right beside the red "post reply" at bottom is "upload a file". It brings up a new box where you choose the image to post.

StangFix likes this.
  3. Horseplay

That's what's changed on my end at least. Don't see that option any longer. Well, let me clarify, I can't see the box/button but I just clicked in that void area and viola the image search option opened. Weird.

4. thebruce

thebruce Out to lunch

Computator might need a restart or browser needs an update. No guarantees, but it's a place to start.

StangFix likes this.
  5. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think something is screwy with the site. When I click on "more options" at the bottom of the page 'upload a file' comes up next to it for a split second before it goes to another page. No option to upload there.

6. AzPete

AzPete Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Clicked on more options, the upload files, then picked this one from facebook that I had saved in my gallery. FB_IMG_1477102297332.jpg

7. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

No upload on firefox for me.:(

8. AzPete

AzPete Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I am using Chrome.

9. msell66

msell66 Road Worthy

10. Horseplay

Ah...I'm on Firefox too. Holy shit. Gary and I am in the same boat.

Seriously, Firefox just did an update and I wonder if that didn't cause the problem. When you click more options, Gary, on that page that opens do you have a blank space between the boxes of "Save Changes" and "Preview"? If you click there it opens a page to browse and select an image. Seems only the graphic/text for upload image has disappeared. What's really weird is that once you hit "Save Changes" the text for "upload a file" flashes briefly. No biggee now that I know its there I can use it. Just strange.

11. msell66

msell66 Road Worthy

You're both probably on AOL and dialup too. Time to join the 21st century boys.

StangFix likes this.
  12. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

Yep, that worked!

DSCN5444.JPG

StangFix likes this.
  13. StangFix

StangFix Member Staff Member Administrator

Should look like this..
    pic1.PNG

14. StangFix

StangFix Member Staff Member Administrator

using
    Version 54.0.2840.71 m (64-bit)
    Firefox 49.0.2
    Internet Explorer 11 Version: 11.321.14393.0

all work fine...

15. Horseplay

Here's what I have. Not the end of the world now that I know the blank box still functions. Like I said, the text will appear after I click it for a second. Almost assuredly on my end. I'll figure it out someday.
    blank.jpg

16. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

It does now. Was just screwed up for a couple of days. The Fix is fixed for me now.