• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What did she say?

"silverblueBP" said:
Correct, they'll slide right in, but only from the drivers side. The pass side tube has the wrong taper for it to work!

No no no! The trac-lock won't clear the vent tube insert on the driver's side.

"Midlife" said:

For that, you have to use the three piece set and install the gears by sections.

"70_Fastback" said:
I think that set requires that you be a proctologist though...

Have no fear, I heard of a guy named Nick who could accomplish that.............

you guys crack me up. This entire thread has me rolling. :cool

"cmayna" said:
$109,000 is for a complete Eleanor with everything identical to the movie Eleanor car.

:wtf Except the movie car was professionally built. well kinda.

"Midlife" said:

See, you're talking about a stock unit....I was talking about a Currie rear that has the vent tube on the pass side!

"silverblueBP" said:
Correct, they'll slide right in, but only from the drivers side. The pass side tube has the wrong taper for it to work!

But, you have to get it really, really, cold though, to shrink it. Then you install it with really long tweezers and let it heat back up and expand into place. Isn't that the way EVERYONE rebuilds rear ends?

"johnpro" said:
But, you have to get it really, really, cold though, to shrink it. Then you install it with really long tweezers and let it heat back up and expand into place. Isn't that the way EVERYONE rebuilds rear ends?

Dont forget the string so you can pull it into place, like building a ship in a bottle.

Oh I'd love to find this guy.
We here in NorCal could all drive up to his place and just laugh.

"johnpro" said:
But, you have to get it really, really, cold though, to shrink it. Then you install it with really long tweezers and let it heat back up and expand into place.

Hmmmm, things have never worked that good when cold. I find warming first works better and no need for tweezers.......

"KBMWRS" said:
Oh I'd love to find this guy.
We here in NorCal could all drive up to his place and just laugh.

I'll go try to find him again if someone can make out the address on the UPS box!

Follow up, to add.

I also looked at Post 272 on Page 14. It was the picture where he was gluing the FG parts onto his body...but no UPS boxes :/

Evidently the pages vary from puter to puter. Locate the page for the electric trunk latch. That is the box it came in laying on the trunk lid. It is between the mirror post and the mocking up of the tail panels.

I found it, but cannot get the image to be large /clear enough to read.

Back