• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What did she say?

Hard to make out the street, but city is definitely Fair Oaks.

39_13_10_09_11_07_37.JPG

You guys scare me!

*Note to self: always blur everything in the background of my pictures from now on. :wtf

I asked him for his address on the Ecar forum, he emailed it to me. John or whoever is close, PM me and I'll give it to you for a drive by (not shooting) :roulette

Actually Nick is selling some 68fb parts which I might consider buying. So a legit visit might actually happen.

Although it's possible, I don't believe that to be Nick's home address (where he's building his car). Richard Sewell built that map. Him and I were 2 of the first baloons to be placed on it. In development of the map, we, and others were concerned that placing the exact address of each car on a public web page was probably not a great idea. Instead we used "city and state" and let the software place the baloon.... which looking at some of the people on the map that I know their physical address.... the software is doing.

For instance, you can find "Joe Sanborn" in New Bern NC, but the baloon is located at the center of New Bern 14 miles from my house/the car.

All of this aside.... I'll bet anyone here $100 that he's posting his progress in "real time". For one thing, if the car was "already done", why would he need to extend his self-imposed "9/16/2009" deadline? Get it? GT500916 = GT500 Sep. 16th. If the car was already done, there would be no reason to extend the deadline to Oct 31st..... which BTW is not going to happen either as it's only 18 days from now.

It takes almost a year of ass-busting night and weekends to put a quality car together..... I know because I've done it a few times and if it could have been done faster I would have done it. Remember that Nick isn't worried about putting a quality car together. As evidenced by his updated progress photos, he's cutting every corner imaginable.

Other points of interest..... yes, the photo of the Ecar on the grass lawn in his Blogspot (the same photo on the Dupont Registry) is my sons car in MY backyard. It was originally Pep Gray, but was changed a year later to all Black.

"daveSanborn" said:
All of this aside.... I'll bet anyone here $100 that he's posting his progress in "real time".
I'd agree... cuz he gave me his address! If it were done, he wouldn't want me to see it (yet).

"daveSanborn" said:
Other points of interest..... yes, the photo of the Ecar on the grass lawn in his Blogspot (the same photo on the Dupont Registry) is my sons car in MY backyard. It was originally Pep Gray, but was changed a year later to all Black.

First of all, I love that black. My wife did too...I've seen enough of "Just like in the movie" Eleanors, and that car just looks right.

But it's odd that he's using your son's car as his photo since he's built one of these before...so he says. Why wouldn't he use his own car to advertise his new one? Did he ask your permission?

"daveSanborn" said:
All of this aside.... I'll bet anyone here $100 that he's posting his progress in "real time". For one thing, if the car was "already done", why would he need to extend his self-imposed "9/16/2009" deadline? Get it? GT500916 = GT500 Sep. 16th. If the car was already done, there would be no reason to extend the deadline to Oct 31st..... which BTW is not going to happen either as it's only 18 days from now.

Dave:

It is also possible that "916" is his area code...........................................

"daveSanborn" said:
Get it? GT500916 = GT500 Sep. 16th. If the car was already done, there would be no reason to extend the deadline to Oct 31st..... which BTW is not going to happen either as it's only 18 days from now.

Actually, 916 is our area code. That was the first thing I picked up on, when I first saw his Sleazanor post, and what first alerted me that he was in my area.

Ok. I have the address. I'm going to go check it out. If you look at the house in Google Maps "street view", it's definitely the house where all the pictures have been taken.

I may not go tonight in the middle of this storm, but will in the next day or 2.

A friend of mine emailed him about some Mustang parts and he confirmed his approximate location. Tarafied1 just gave me the complete addy and according to the location yes, we found him. The pic of the front yard is what we can see on the other forums. I even recognize the little side parking strip.

Craig to Craig
thanks

Back