Separate names with a comma.
Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
Already a member? Login here then!
Discussion in 'General Mustang Discussion' started by cmayna, Oct 15, 2011.
She looks like she handles big packages with ease.
Another package came today!
20170519_153305 by Brett, on Flickr
Started taking apart the dash. Plan is full disassembly, sand and paint with rust encapsulator or POR 15, then dynamat the floor boards. Begin wiring in new AAW harness.
20170520_153335 by Brett, on Flickr
Still working on the dash. I have everything removed except the shell. Been sanding down what I can reach. It's a pain but it'll be worth it.
I got a few little parts in, here's a shot of the super nice billet pedal from Lokar:
20170523_184225 by Brett, on Flickr
I also picked up my brake pedal from the powedercoater today. Looks almost like a new factory pedal! The pedal support also has the MustangSteve roller bearings on it.
20170524_160738 by Brett, on Flickr
Just a note on the Lokar throttle pedal, once you get it adjusted the way you want make sure you loctite the crap out of the set screw. Nothing like driving along and having the pedal fall to the floor.
Thanks for the advice. That would be super crappy. Better then the brake pedal tho I guess.
I finally have my car running well. I took it to a new tuner who figured out my oxygen sensor on my Accell Thruster DFI system was not reading accurately. The signal would get messed up in the middle of the pull and it would make the car run really rich. The car was tuned on a mustang Dyno and managed 511 rehp and 550 rwtq. I am pretty happy with those numbers. The old tune was done on a Dynojet and managed 555 rwhp and 478 rwtq. I have heard that the Mustang Dyno is as much as 10% less than a Dynojet dyno. I don't really care what it is since the car finally runs well!!!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also suggest dimpling the splined shaft with a drill to give the set screw something to nest into. It's also not a bad idea to use a slightly longer set screw when you do this. To keep going, as long as you are at the stage of your build you are...the firewall would benefit from a bit of reinforcement in the mounting area too. Not such a big deal with the Lokar throttle but certainly with something like the MDL clutch pedal set-up. It amazed me how much flex there was across the whole area under the dash.
Those are very impressive numbers Darreld, congrats. I bet the car is a blast to drive.
I'll look into reinforcing the pedal area, Terry. I believe MTF sells a plate for this, I don't know if this will help much:
This is just for the brake master cylinder.
I am running the same throttle pedal and rollerized pedal assembly on my car. It works well. The only beef I have is the throttle pedal assembly is too responsive and I have to add another spring to firm up the pedal feel. You will like it! I do agree about the set screw on the lokar pedal. Mine wants to back out and then gets a little lateral play in the bushing.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or, something like this! http://haneperformance.com/Firewall-Brace.html
Damn Mark, what are you pushing the pedal with
You'd be surprised how much that firewall flexes at full brake pedal!
I know, I've had firewall issues with my hydraulic clutch MC
Are you running this Mark? I read about these somewhere, didn't know they were readily available. Might have to try one.
Not done yet, but I'm about to head out and shoot some photos and drone video of the '66. Should be fun. I'll share what I can once it's processed and uploaded and whatever.
Local junkyard had a sale, went looking for seats, ended up grabbing the parking brake from a newer Mustang. Cost me a whooping $7. Looks like it'll be fairly easy to put in. Thinking of grabbing a piece of 1"x1" steel square tube and mounting the parking brake to that on the tunnel. That way I won't have to cut any big holes in the floor, jsut 2 holes to mount and a hole for the cable to go through.
Got the idea from Daze cars:
20170527_130417 by Brett, on Flickr
Well, we crashed the drone on the second pass, so that didn't quite turn out, but I did get some new photos with the nice camera/lens...
I got pretty much nothing productive done today. Went to Radio Shack to pick up some non-insulated butt connectors to repair my half-melted engine wiring harness, discovered when I got there that they're closed...along with every other Radio Shack within 20mi.
So I abused the tires a bit on the way home and parked it. I'll have to hit up the local electrical supply shop on Tuesday.