• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What did you get done on your Stang today????

Drove to the car show and back. While there, sat in the shade, drank coffee, and looked at it...

Washed both stangs and then set up the two new toys in the garage, a mill and welder.

Mill.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleaned the car and drove to a local show. Huge turn out for the last of this club's events for the season. I was told there were 280+ cars there last night. Saw ToddWallace there with his fastback. It got finally released from Dallas Mustang tuning jail and sounds excellent.

I sat down and read post on StangFix while Jr. took a nap to keep my head in the game.... Probably be a while before I can do any wrenching......

Took Mid out for another spin, and brought it home. I removed the carb and spacer plate, in preparation for sending it out for a rebuild and re-plating at KPCarbs outside of Syracuse, NY.

Getting ready to install new upholstery from Distinctive Industries. Spent a couple of hours removing rust, recrimping spring sleeves, welding cracks, smoothing old welds, and getting ready for paint.....and that was only one seat frame!

Pressed in new idler arm bushing and went to install on the car and discovered its going to hit my new ceramic headers. Time to break out the hammer again.

This car is never going to get done....

Got tired of Red's shinny wiper arms causing a glare from the sun so I installed what I believe are 67-68 matte finish arms. Mucho better.

aefde8fe-5af9-26c4.jpg

Then I installed Shag's bug screen for this next weekend's trip 4 hours south to our annual meet in the middle event.
aefdf8cf-5d57-fe88.jpg

Drove the 64 1/2 around a 100 miles today through the beautiful hills of E TN, SE KY and SW VA with 15 other ponies in the second annual Tennessee Valley Mustang Club's Pony Drive. A great day for drive with the top down.

Put my driveline back in with a set of Moroso u-joint girdles . Also adjusted my roller rockers and installed a set of tall Motorsport aluminum valve covers i traded for . Most productive day in way too long .

I finally got around to separating the top cowl panel from the lower. If all goes well, I may be welding in the new lower next weekend.

"tarafied1" said:
my son had a band competition about 40 miles away so I drove the Stang there. Got lots of complements and some people takin' pics. I didn't even bother to knock the dust off.
I do need to check my ALT of voltage regulator. It started acting funny on the way home tonight and battery was dead enough it wouldn't restart after I pulled in the garage.
well I didn't take pictures of myself driving the Mustang but I did get some pics. Below is a 68 Torino wagon on a trailer going thru Micky D's drive thru in the morning and another of my son and his Marching band. They got 1st place in Class 1A and 5th overall out of ten pretty good schools. He is the shorter Tuba player

Attachments

• CJ at Hoptown 1st place class 1A.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 68 torino wagon.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 135
Finally got a chance to drive the Mustang yesterday. I replaced the master cylinder on the Trans Am and needed to run over to Ace Hardware to pick up a new 15mm deep socket to replace the one that seems to be missing from the tool box.

Hadn't driven the Mustang in ten days or maybe two weeks. The car likes this weather so she was running well.

Today was up early and spent most of today at the baseball fields then came home for a nap on the couch.

I am doing the brakes on an X-code CS/GT. I finished up the rear, replacing the pads, wheel cylinders, and drums a couple of weeks ago. Today, I replaced the soft line, cylinder, shoes, repacked the bearings, and put it all back together on the right front. I got everything off the left front and replaced the cylinder, but it was dinner time, so that's as far as I got... But it's close! Tomorrow I'll take the last drum to get turned and try to get it put together to bleed sometime this week. I'm running out of time to work in my shelter outdoors, so I need to finish the messy stuff before I put it in the garage for winter. They say we have a week of warm sunshine (60s), which will most likely be the last--if it actually happens.

FINALLY got the tranny for the coupe all cleaned up. It sure looks purty now that it's not all greasy and grimy! This week I'll be able to make the internal mods and finish it all up. I also got more engine pieces on and got some stuff moved around in front of the car. This allows me to get it moved into position this weekend to go up on stands to drop the entire suspension one last time for finally cleaning and paint of the underside. Progress...yahoo! :yah

p.s. I HAD to take a break from sheet metal repairs. Though close to finishing I was getting too burned out!

Bought an engine hoist and load leveler and pulled the old I6/C4 out of the fastback I'm selling. Need to put the 302/C4 in by Thursday so it is ready for the new owner who's supposed to be picking her up this weekend.

Getting ready for the winter in the shop, saving money for the Motor/Trans/Rear/Suspension/Interior. At least going to do the suspension/8.8 Swap and Arning drop. Have to figure out if I want Power Steering or not :confu......

not much real work today, but...
-Got an update from the mechanic who is repairing all my frame rails etc to make the car driveable again, made arrangements to go this weekend and get some work done with him.
-Bought a cheapo blast cabinet so I can clean up all the parts I will be reusing.
-Ordered a Borgeson power steering kit to upgrade from my stock PS
-Ordered new stainless gas tank kit to replace old tank full of 45 years worth of crud.

Back