• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What did you get done on your Stang today????

"cmayna" said:
Hopefully your new gas tank has a drain plug?

definately. I figured with the ethanol in today's gas that likes to attract moisture, especially if the car sits for periods of time, I better go with stainless and I better be able to drain it.

Stared at if for awhile dreaming what it will be like when I am done and then wondering if I will ever be done!

RME

I ditched the old pitted windshield and installed a new one. I can actually see where i'm going now!!

This year , I drove the fastback a whole 200mls so it needs a oil change which I did last weekend .
Now , this weekend , I gonna prepare the stang for winter storage instead of going to pismo beach CA to meet up with the guys.
Sorry dudes !!

Prepare your mustang for winter storage? WTF? Yesterday KBMWRS and I with wives drove our fastbacks 4 hours south to live here for the weekend
aefdea6c-ded3-1673.jpg

To see one of these
aefdea6c-df77-43f1.jpg

Today were driving the stangs along with Messr Crusty and the David67 gang up north along the coast to the Hearst castle for a tour and lunch. Shag is running perfectly.

Go suck an egg you old coot.

Typed with a keyboard full of jealous!

To Craig , Mike and the rest of the gang: You lucky ba$t.rstsss :stu

Well , while you all are at it , have fun !! :nut

Made big progress this week! I am taking a auto body repair class at our local community college, we are now allowed to work on our own cars now, I have my driver's door at class and nearly have all the dents out of it. Also today I completed dent repair on both rear quarter panels. Still have a few sanding scratches to work out but after body filler and block sanding 4th times The body is ready for sanding and primer. Next to the front finders and the other door.
Hats off to our community college, ours has a great facility and great teachers. I have learned so much and have greater confidence to work on my Mustang. I have wasted a quart of body filler, most of it wound up on the floor sanded off! But I just keep working the panels until I get them perfect, learn as you go. Lots of fun and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

the rear end is out of the car, I got it sandblasted, cleaned up and painted. Going to NAPA before work tomorrow, hopefully they have shoes, drums, wheel cylinders and hardware kit to finish it off.

"steveh326" said:
the rear end is out of the car, I got it sandblasted, cleaned up and painted. Going to NAPA before work tomorrow, hopefully they have shoes, drums, wheel cylinders and hardware kit to finish it off.

And axle seals.......

Drove the green turd 640 miles this weekend (250+ miles today) with zero incident. "Yeah baby Yeah!"

I finally jacked the car up in the air to find the source of a 5-year old trans fluid drip...the pan seal seems to be the culprit...let the car back down onto the ground. I have a shift kit somewhere that'll be a winter project.

Back