• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What fan with reverse WP serpentine setup on SB?

Fordrevhead

I have the front of my engine all mocked up, bolt lengths all straightenned out, pulleys, reverse WP, etc.

Anyone running the Fox body clutch fan with your serpentine setup? Does the 70 fan shroud work with this?

TIA

I got the stock Fox clutch fan with both a 5.0 and my current 347, but cast them aside as it appeared that the design would place the fan too far forward... causing a fan/radiator interference.

I ended up buying an aftermarket reverse rotation fan and spaced it accordingly.

Hmmm, thanks Dave! Since my engine is on the stand and my chassis on the rotisserie I had no way to measure this. The Fox clutch fan works great (when the plastic blades arent broken)... I was afraid of the spacing yes. I guess I'll just mock up the pulley with shorty bolts and no fan and deal with that sometime down the road. I wouldnt want the fan on during install anyway. Just thinking ahead with all of the fasteners, spacers, etc on the front of the engine.

Do you have PS? If so which pump are you running?

thanks

Back