• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What have you done on your house today?

Took advantage of the boy being home from college for a week and we finally got the epoxy floor installed on one half of the new shop. Once I get the county to sign off my electrical, I can start adding those "other" things that the county may not like. The fastback had to test out the epoxy first.

epoxy floor.jpg

Sweet!

Can't wait until I can finally do my floor. Wanted to wait until all the painting and such was completed. Now I am waiting a bit more until the car is finished.

Thanks guys!

Having a nice clean floor makes working on my projects so much more enjoyable. I hate the way concrete always dusts. Did I mention these floors are heated too? Damn I am getting picky in my old age!

That garage floor looks dirty already: there's lots of white and black spots all over!

Took advantage of the boy being home from college for a week and we finally got the epoxy floor installed on one half of the new shop. Once I get the county to sign off my electrical, I can start adding those "other" things that the county may not like. The fastback had to test out the epoxy first.

View attachment 26397

Ok looks good on the floor. Tell us how you did it and what you used...

Ok looks good on the floor. Tell us how you did it and what you used...

I used products from Legacy Industrial, legacyindustrial.net I learned a lot about the process from Garagejournal.com. Lots of prep working, sanding/grinding of the floor followed by a crack filler, primer, industrial grade epoxy and then two coats of urethane clear coat. It is supposed to be one of the best on the market. It was not cheap, but save quite a bit by doing it myself. I am very pleased with the outcome, and still have the other half of the shop to do at a later day. The product cost around $2 per square foot, all in I am less than $3 per square foot. I hate bare concrete and the plastic tiles people use are not really conducive to working on cars, spilling fluids, parts etc!

well done and I'm going to be a copy kat once I get to that point... it looks fabulous!

when the time comes, look me up and I will be happy to share tips I have learned!

having interior living room, dining room, family room and kitchen painted in preparation for composite shutters arrivin in 3 to 6 weeks.

Finally sold the Kansas house, sold the Ames house and have moved into a rental townhouse. No more upkeep or debt. Finally! Now I just need my ankle to fully heal.

I feel like that nasty Albatross has finally been picked off by a Hornady XTP .45 round. On to a new motor so I can go vintage racing!

AND....just found out that our last pup is graduating as a Facility Dog and will work with abused children as they testify in court.

^^^^^^ Congrats on all the positive achievements, are you staying in the Ames area or moving elsewhere?

From infinity and beyond.

Never argue with a Moron, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Back