• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What have you done on your house today?

I put in a firepit

11263059_10204171056301621_2148151501914740145_o.jpg

11206531_10204171056461625_4373161819201257104_o.jpg

So now my parties (like Mini-feed) can go even later into the night ;)

With lots of help from my sister, we finally got the hole in the kitchen floor filled. We had trouble coming up with an idea for the hole, and finally just decided to do a mosaic border with tile in the center rotated 45° I mocked up the mosaic and the center tiles and luckily came up with a way to get exactly 2 tiles wide and 3 tiles long. The mosaic pieces are 3 X 12 inches. For the short ends, I had to cut the mosaics into 3 pieces and turn them 90° to make them 4 inches wide to end up with whole and half center tiles and no little pieces. I also had to cut a few of the mosaic pieces to get the fit just right.

kitchenmosaictile-jpg.27223

tilesetup-jpg.27224

kitchentilenogrout-jpg.27225

kitchentilefinished-jpg.27226

Attachments

• KitchenMosaicTile.JPG
    KitchenMosaicTile.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 39
  • TileSetup.JPG
    TileSetup.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 38
  • KitchenTileNoGrout.JPG
    KitchenTileNoGrout.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 37
  • KitchenTileFinished.JPG
    KitchenTileFinished.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I decided to have my roof replaced sooner rather than later, due to the predicted "Godzilla El Niño". The roofer I chose has been very busy lately.

Roof1.JPG Roof2.JPG Roof3.JPG Roof4.JPG RoofFinished.JPG

And last weekend my brother and his family came to visit for Thanksgiving and he installed the glass block window in my master bath. He did the window in the other bathroom 2 years ago. You can see the old window in the third picture. He also installed a new shower valve.

MasterBathWindow1.JPG MasterBathWindow2.JPG BathroomWindows.JPG

Here's what I spent a couple days dealing with last week.

We've been having a problem with the kitchen sink draining.

I took all the pipes and disposal outr and ran a Snake through all the drains. Didn't help.

Finally gave up and called a plumber. He spent 2 hours trying to clear it with no success and had to come back the next day with bigger equipment.

And here is what we found.

00982a30bf2a830a4fe803fa44ab4b27.jpg

d61ab1c09c7f82633273e6a81efd420e.jpg

It's about a 3 inch pipe and it was solid sludge for the entire down from the sink to there main drain in my basement.

And the mess continues. Yesterday I went down in the basement and the pump on the ejector put was running constantly. Which is not normal. So as I'm checking on that, my daughter asked why the basement was full of water?

They apparently dumped the buckets of sludge water in my workshop sink, which Drains into the ejector pit and is pumped out to the main.

So when my water softener regenerated over the weekend it flooded my basement.

Uggggggh.

I decided to remove the chimney and patch the roof when the weather was wet and 40* . Why do the work when it was nice all summer .

Back