• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

what just grinds your gears?

"Johnny M" said:
When you're in a public shitter, you've taken a piss/crap and you go to wash your hands then some dirt bag appears out of the cubical after wiping his shitty arse or taken a piss and walks straight out the door without washing his hands.....Personally I don’t give a fuck if they wash or not but the fact that I have to touch the same door handle makes me want to kick them in the face repeatedly.

I do not touch door handles in restrooms after I've washed my hands for exactly this reason. I either grab a paper towel on the way out, or figure a way to use my foot to open the door. If I'm absolutely limited and have no choice (only has an air-dryer, door pulls in not pushes out) then I'll use my enormous height (6'5") and reach as high as I can on the door to open it, figuring few nasty shit-hands have also reached way up there.

I AM aware I'm a tinge to the "paranoid" side when it comes to germs.

"AtlantaSteve" said:
I do not touch door handles in restrooms after I've washed my hands for exactly this reason. I either grab a paper towel on the way out, or figure a way to use my foot to open the door. If I'm absolutely limited and have no choice (only has an air-dryer, door pulls in not pushes out) then I'll use my enormous height (6'5") and reach as high as I can on the door to open it, figuring few nasty shit-hands have also reached way up there.

Steve,
I do exaclty the same as you.......Yes, i am a weirdo too.

"AtlantaSteve" said:

Just to screw with all of the germ paranoid fucks of the world I purposely don't wash my hands when leaving a public restroom..... and then I reach way up high on the door to open it when I leave.

"daveSanborn" said:
Just to screw with all of the germ paranoid fucks of the world I purposely don't wash my hands when leaving a public restroom..... and then I reach way up high on the door to open it when I leave.

Would you lick your hand afterwards?

"Johnny M" said:
Would you lick your hand afterwards?

Havent you figured out why Dave slaps you on the back when he meets you.
Its a "Hand Wiping/Turd avoidance" procedure.

Anyway, enough of these trivial annoyances, what about the biggies, like when people put bumper stickers on crooked?

On a related note, I've always thought it would be funny to drive a beater around with every different "ribbon" sticker I can lay my hands on. Just plaster the whole car with 'em. :lol

Frank

To match that Frank, I've thought many times about buying an old civic, painting the stock rims green and just plaster that sucker with japanese words. There used to be an old Metro driving around where the guy took one of those fat Sharpies and wrote all over his car. Things like "1.6L wind turbo", "NOS sucks", "watch my drive by", etc. It was hilarious.

I was at the bank today. I was the only one in line waiting for the one teller. The old lady wanted to check on her $575 social security check and said "oh, it doesn't matter, it is just spending money." but she couldn't remember the account number and the teller couldn't look t up without some information about the account. The teller was good, she found it quickly. Then the old lady just started shooting the breeze and then asked for an envelope and then took the time it takes molasses to run up hill on a cold winter day to put the stinking money in the envelope and then the same amount of time to put the darn thing in her purse. then she stood there for what seemed to be a lifetime talking about her family. the teller was trying to get her to move on without being rude.

I guess she was just lonely! I was afraid this lady who had to be 90 or so was going to die on us.

Mel

Mel, welcome to my life. I spend most of my day standing around, waiting on folks to clear out so I can work on the teller pcs. Never fails that the one I need to work on is the only one with a teller on it. Half the time they get pissy when I tell them to switch to another one, even though they mentioned in the call that it was "an emergency" and need it fixed asap.

And yes, the older crowd is usually the worst to wait on.

on the bank note it is irritating when you get an ass in the drive up lane that has to request a deposit slip and fills it out at the window and makes you wait for them. Or the one that sits a car length away from the open window so no one can get in front of them filling out the deposit slip.

"AtlantaSteve" said:
...reach as high as I can on the door to open it, figuring few nasty shit-hands have also reached way up there....

If it's a pull door, how the hell do you do that? I would think you are limited exclusively to the door pull handle then.

"70_Fastback" said:
If it's a pull door, how the hell do you do that? I would think you are limited exclusively to the door pull handle then.

If any part of the door sticks out past the jam, it's rather trivial to grab the side and pull it out.

If not, I will grab the closing arm and rotate it causing the door to crack open.

Failing all that, I'll open the door like a regular person, but I don't like it.

On two-lane roads in hilly country, there are slow lanes for trucks, etc. allowing regular folks to pass. They start a little way from the bottom of the hill and end just after the apex.

What grinds my gears is people who use the entire length of this lane to get around a slower vehicle, preventing anyone else from also getting around. If there are others behind me also being held up, I always gun it and give more people a chance to get around, too.

On that note, I hate is when people don't get on the freeway like they mean it. Trying to merge with 75 MPH traffic at 45 MPH is dangerous! Those people need to get the darwin award!

Mel

I actually got pulled over one time accelerating up an on ramp so I was at the speed of the traffic flow. I asked what the on ramp was for and if I exceeded the posted speed. He just said my car "sounded" like I was speeding (84GT with fairly loud exhaust at WOT). No ticket from that episode.

"daveSanborn" said:
Did the ossifer have big ears also?

WTF looks that close at a Guy cop?? I was paying attention in case he drew his sidearm on me. Yes Sir, no Sir, thank you Sir was all I was concerned with.

I can just picture it now;

Me: How could you hear me accelerate up the on ramp, from inside your car?
LEO: Flipping his gay hippy hair back, with these ears Son.
Me: Holy shit, those Dumbo ears are bigger than mine!
LEO: You have the right to remain silent..............................................

Back