• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What part do I need?

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
I have enough money in my car fund to do some repairs on the 67.

The question is, I have an AC car and an Edelbrock carb. It doesn't idle up when AC is on. I know they make the parts, I think it is a 8059 solenoid and bracket.

This stuff is $155. Ouch. Is there a part I can scavenge from a different car? Is there another option?

Mel

I looked at the part you referenced. Many 70's/80's cars with carburetors used a similar solenoid to hold the idle speed up when the A/C was on (referred to many times as an idle stop solenoid).
You could probably find one at the auto salvage for a few bucks. I also found this on Amazon. It has no bracket, but it looks identical to the Edelbrock solenoid. It's also a helluva lot cheaper!:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0RPRJP2XZ7SHTSVSVQAG

Last edited:
I looked at the part you referenced. Many 70's/80's cars with carburetors used a similar solenoid to hold the idle speed up when the A/C was on (referred to many times as an idle stop solenoid).
You could probably find one at the auto salvage for a few bucks. I also found this on Amazon. It has no bracket, but it looks identical to the Edelbrock solenoid. It's also a helluva lot cheaper!:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0RPRJP2XZ7SHTSVSVQAG

exactly,

that is what i use too for my 68 AC car.

solenoid.jpg

solenoid1.jpg

solenoid2.jpg

solenoid3.jpg

Max

Thanks guys.

Max do you have a part number for that one? I need to stop by one of the junk yards one day instead of driving by.

I have been working so much no time to work on the car.

Mel

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.

Max do you have a part number for that one? I need to stop by one of the junk yards one day instead of driving by.

I have been working so much no time to work on the car.

Mel

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Mel,

that is the same part like ponyman66 show us.
ES9 is the part number.
You can buy it at any part store. The bracket is custom made.

Max

For pricey fixes there are the newer style rotary compressors that are said to eliminate much of the chugging and require less power to run.
Another alternative is EFI. It has a whole host of advantages not the least being an idle stepper motor that adjusts idle rpm according to load.
I intend to do both.

Back